Sign in to follow this  
Spillay

Rugby World Cup 2023

Its kind of sneaked up rather quietly, probably due to England's wretched form in the past year or so, but if anyone is watching in the City ranks, whose your money on to lift the rather lovely Webb Ellis Trophy?  France looking very strong, probably their best squad in 20/30 years and with home advantage they will be tough to stop.. ofcourse the usual suspects NZ and South Africa will have something to say and Ireland will be in with a shout but have a tough pool to get out of. England unlikely to even make it to the knockouts, barring a massive turn around in fortunes 😞

rugby.jpg

France if their attitude is right. They've often sulked and fallen out with each other when things haven't gone their way.  Not gonna be England's tournament. They don't seem good at all. I'm pleased timewise I'll be able to see a fair few games unlike the women's(football) World up that i never really got into because of the times of the games. Have already booked some weekend pub trips for this. 

11 hours ago, The Raptor said:

France if their attitude is right. They've often sulked and fallen out with each other when things haven't gone their way.  Not gonna be England's tournament. They don't seem good at all. I'm pleased timewise I'll be able to see a fair few games unlike the women's(football) World up that i never really got into because of the times of the games. Have already booked some weekend pub trips for this. 

Ntmack will be a big miss for the French. Cannot see past South Africa at the moment. Best front row in world rugby and Etzebet is arguably the best forward. They have unearthed a young centre who will get chances from his half backs.

Have it made Saturday apart from NCFC not playing. Camborne play their neighbours Redurh for the very first time in a national division. I support Camborne but live in Redruth. And Camborne have just installed a bar on the Western Terrace where we stand (if only football was able to do that). Then its into the clubhouse for England v Ukraine then quickly home for England v Argentina.

I live in an area with rugby history although more play football about ten to one. Yet at the moment there are more stars from Norfolk, not a great rugby area, than Cornwall. Steward and Youngs may well be starting and Van Poortvleit was unlucky to be injured. And Ali Price for Scotland.