Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Match Summary

Yobocop’s day started in Stevenage at 9:40 AM, where I met up with an old forum buddy, Pete, at the Esso service station in Broadwater. It was great to catch up after not seeing each other for a few years. 

The A11 resurfacing works looked to have come to some sort of conclusion however there was still a 40 mph restriction in place so we hot footed it down the wymondham short cut, ( @The Real Buh will be delighted to hear I had secured a car parking space at the wig and pen for yesterdays game) 

I then headed to the Wig and Pen for some delicious pub-style fish and chips before braving the rain and making our way to Carrow Road.

The game got off to a promising start, with our team pressurising Hull City and forcing some mistakes from their defence. Giannoulis and Stacey were impressive, getting involved in the attack.

However, we had a defensive blunder from Duffy and Gibson, and poor Gibson will probably take most of the blame for it (as usual). Thankfully, Gunn made a superb save in the second half, and Hull City didn't pose much threat to our defence otherwise.

Let's talk about the goals! Giannoulis set up Rowe beautifully, and he scored his first goal for the club. I have a feeling he's going to be a key player for us this year. And Nunez, wow! He provided an incredible cross, and Idah finished it off instinctively. (Probably what he needed) It was a moment to remember.

In midfield, Sara and McLean put in a lot of hard work, and Nunez showed his potential when he came on later in the match.

When it came to picking the Man of the Match, Rowe took the honours, closely followed by Giannoulis.

After the match, I found Pete waiting in the doorway of the Wig and Pen, soaked from the rain. We then drove back to Stevenage, arriving around 7:30 PM.

All in all, it was a fantastic day with good company and an exciting match. Struggling to remember a more defining match at Carrow Road since the Man City game (with fans in attendance), we haven’t had many moments to savour but this one surely was. 

• Like 1

Good company eh, you'll get slaughtered on here for that.  Miserable git morelike.  But was tired and wet will do beter.

• Like 1