Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

George Alagiah R.I.P.

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Sad news, a lovely man.

9 years since his first diagnosis with bowel cancer. It's such a long time to for him and his family to keep going with that shadow hanging over them. Very sad indeed.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

9 years since his first diagnosis with bowel cancer. It's such a long time to for him and his family to keep going with that shadow hanging over them. Very sad indeed.

With modern treatments Cancer remissions can go on for a long time. You have to stay positive  because new treatments are being developed regularly. I'm nearly at 14 years now.  

• Like 4

Just now, ricardo said:

With modern treatments Cancer remissions can go on for a long time. You have to stay positive  because new treatments are being developed regularly. I'm nearly at 14 years now.  

That's amazing, as much for your own attitude to it as the treatment. Hats off to you.

Undoubtedly one of the true icons of the BBC, an absolute giant in the field of journalism and broadcasting. Having to battle that disease and as it spread elsewhere in his body must have been truly courageous and awful in equal measure.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I just hope the remission he had helped him fulfil his life and his family have great memories

It gives you time to realise that the most important things in life are your family and friends and the shared memories you make together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1