Sign in to follow this  
CANARY BRAVEHEART

ZESH REHMAN SHOULD FEATURE FOR NORWICH AHEAD OF FLEMING !

I''m posting to say that I aren''t very impressed to find that Zesh Rehman our loanee who we are splashing cash for is on the bench or not even in the squad for tommorrows game against Sheff Utd. What the hell is going on ?, Worthington (excuse my language).

We have a player who is very versatile has represented England at various levels, believe it or not, (although his name doesn''t sound English) he was originally a defensive central midfielder and now we find hes playing in central defence. Whats going on with Rehman. I would like to ask you Norwich fans an opinion on this, where do you think Rehmans best position is ? personally i would say judging from his profile off Fulham''s official website that hes a defensive central midfielder.

The big thing that annoys me is this, i seem to remember the same thing happening with PHIL MULRYNE, the fact that he wasn''t featuring in any way why ? Such a players with great skills should be utilised. And yes i know there are people who will say that Fleming at the moment is in excellent form at Right Back but then what about young Rehman ? Why should he of been dropped for having 1 bad game against Crystal Palace. Rehman is;

• a player with youth on his side
  • a player with Speed on his side
  • a player who is used to playing on the right side

Is there a possibility that he just maybe due to his versatility skills, could temparilily fill the Right Wing of our midfield for a short time until Worthington or the next manager decides to buy a right winger ? Personally i think the answer to that is yes, give him a chance ahead of McVeigh. I would have Rehman there because i think he would be more a home there. I think that if you wanted to include McVeigh then you could have him in the core of a 4-5-1 because he would be in a central position to support the lone striker. This is my point i wanted to make.

WORTHINGTON I SUGGEST YOU ARE MORE CAREFUL OF WHERE YOU DECIDE TO PLAY YOUR PLAYERS, BEFORE YOU START PLONKING THEM ANYWHERE, IN ANY POSITION.

"Belief it''s an amazing thing"

In a season where there''s not much to win/lose, I would prefer to see the players that are going to be here next season given a go.  For example, surely it would be much more useful to hand Henderson a chance on the right again, rather than Rehman.

Of course this begs the question, why have we brought in a player on loan that we don''t intend to use?

[quote user="NimChimpskee"]

In a season where there''s not much to win/lose, I would prefer to see the players that are going to be here next season given a go.  For example, surely it would be much more useful to hand Henderson a chance on the right again, rather than Rehman.

Of course this begs the question, why have we brought in a player on loan that we don''t intend to use?

[/quote]

I agree 100%, I think one of the good things worthy has done is keeping faith with the Doc/Shackell partnership.

I think with the Doc/shackell/Dury unit we would only need to add a good young right back to make a pretty solid back four.

That is the frustrating thing.

At the back and up front we have a very solid squad.

The midfield is another story.

The good news is that we may only be 2 or 3 players shy of winning the championship next year.

[quote user="NimChimpskee"]

[/quote]