Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

drummer left feeling uneasy!

13 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The other genuine consideration I’ve had, as JSLT will remember, is that for years PC Watts, the Beast, would harass us relentlessly to sit down and try and force us to read the ground regulations in order that if he came back he could clearly indicate that we’d read and understood them, continued to break them and were therefore ripe for ejection. It led to the stewards walking up the stairs halting at each row to try and force us to sit before some scamp would shout “STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE SCUM” and the whole charade started again. It was funny to a point, but the club have now - it seems - sanctioned deliberate breaches of ground regulations which is probably ropey ground, not that I really care.

The one thing I DO object to is the harem that surround him that clearly do not hold tickets in the area. Couldn’t get near my usual and paid for spot. If you want terracing, put it in (oh, you can’t). It’s great there’s another generation coming through, it’s essential, however, people like this chap are not just flotsam and jetsam, they’re every bit as important.

Just reporting from Sheffield in response to the above. I accept if you cross-refer to the other thread on Blades fans, most on here will have pretty little sympathy for the following ("there are idiots in every club etc."). I've mentioned on here before the above issues in Duncan's piece above are happening at Bramall Lane too.

The local council SAG has become involved and whilst they are unable (or unwilling due to political necessity - the balance of political power is on knife-edge in the City) to do much at EFL matches other than force the club to police their fans more proactively (emailing and snail mailing every season ticket holder in the affected stand about the potential of severe sanctions). However for the cup matches the SAG has partially closed the Kop, resulting in reduction in ticket income for the club and forcing supporters to find places to sit in other parts of the ground, which with recent near capacity attendances, is making people pissed off and resulting in a public airing of the issue.

Note it was the fans themselves reporting the issue (more about fans being in other people's seats as much as the standing issue) to the SAG that highlighted the authorities to the issue. My point is that people in the lower Barclay need to openly find a way of discussing the issue and resolving things before the same is forced on Norwich. The precedent is being set. 

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 2