Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Billy Gilmour love-in

So now wee Billys performances has dropped for Scotland that's our fault and not the fact that he's just not as good as you thought 🤣

Jesus.. h... Christ

32 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

When did I say that? 

Maybe booing and abusing a 20 year old might get to him? But hey, as a Scotland fan, I don't see a problem with that. It'll grow him up.

Laugh all you want, mate, but if Norwich are so bad that you (or others) were pinning your hopes on a 20 year old, with zero seasonal football experience, being the thing that keeps you in the EPL, then... ummm.... Where's the cringing emoji?

"Before he went to Norwich he did look a bit special. But since he's been at Norwich his performance levels have dropped (for Scotland). He hasn't really looked the same player. I can only think that he's regressed 

One of the reasons behind player regression is bad coaching at club level" 

We weren't pinning all our hopes on him, but if he's a good as we always get told he is he should at least have been able to pull some strings in the midfield... No matter of age. 

As it is, he could barely string passes together unless they're going backwards, we were "so bad" because our entire recruitment was pony, Billy being the biggest culprit of the new recruits. 

• Like 1

This is getting so tiresome now. He failed here because he has too many glaring, easily exploitable weaknesses to his game. His performances for Chelsea and Scotland last year were the exceptions rather than the rule. him over hitting passes all game and being run past like he's not there is nothing to do with poor coaching, it's because he's too weak without the ball and not technically gifted enough to compensate for it. You can't coach a small and slow player how not to lose the ball in every 1 v 1 duel if he's not good enough to hold onto it through skill alone. He didn't even look that great in the friendly against England, just promising, good for a 19 year old inexperienced player, not great overall and International football is played at a totally different pace and intensity to the PL. 

When he's equally as rubbish next year I'm sure we'll get the blame for that as well though. He'll find his level in the Championship and we'll probably get blamed for ruining his career. He's got to be the most over rated player we've ever had play for us. Central midfield was the weakest area of our pretty poor team last year and you could argue he wasn't even our 3rd best player in that position when everyone was fit. 

• Like 2

He turned down a move to Rangers to come to Norwich. Many people at the time said Norwich was the wrong move for him and it would seem that way.

He'd probably have looked decent in the Rangers side. Coming to Norwich was not the easier move, got to credit him for that I guess.