Sign in to follow this  
Newtopia

Declan Rice

I have seen Rice and Phillips in the flesh this season, how on earth is Southgate picking Phillips ahead of Rice?  Rice worked very hard, dominated midfield and sprayed the ball around fantastically.  Phillips held his position better, because he did not run around, and did not have the same range of passing.

Has he picked Phillips over Rice?

He's played them together but I dont recall a game where Phillips started and Rice didnt (unless injured)

...I would agree though, Phillips is nowhere near international standard.

If England are going to win something, they need to come up with something better than him

7 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I have seen Rice and Phillips in the flesh this season, how on earth is Southgate picking Phillips ahead of Rice?  Rice worked very hard, dominated midfield and sprayed the ball around fantastically.  Phillips held his position better, because he did not run around, and did not have the same range of passing.

What on earth are you on about? Name when Southgate picked Phillips over Rice. He may have rested Rice, can't recall exactly but probably the San Marino game (can't be ar$ed to check) but never picked Phillips over Rice. What a ridiculous notion

11 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

What on earth are you on about? Name when Southgate picked Phillips over Rice. He may have rested Rice, can't recall exactly but probably the San Marino game (can't be ar$ed to check) but never picked Phillips over Rice. What a ridiculous notion

My mistake 

I would say Kane and Maguire were also candidates. The point is, a whole thread was made about a scenario that was demonstrably not true and if they remotely were bothered about England at the last tournament would know that. This board just sinks to lower and lower depths.