Yorkshire  Canary

Lets have a bit of perspective

Today we lost away to a very good side. For us to gets points off top third clubs the opposition need to have an off day, we need to play 100% and get the rub of the green. I have been watching this club for decades and anyone who did not think we would struggle big time this season needs a reality check. A few weeks ago we were dead and buried and looking over our shoulder at Derbys all time low points tally in the top flight. Regardless of who is in charge of the team they cannot get a pint out of a half pint pot. We are alas with odd exceptions a championship squad all over the pitch, with as others have said about 4 players that may get a game at another top flight club.

Its not Idahs fault that someone thought it a good idea to make him our back up  striker when the lad has hardly ever scored a competitive goal. Its not Sergeants fault not to score a hatful when he only got about 6 last season in a relegated side.  Farke contributed to his own downfall at the top level with his tactics but its the poor recruitment that has and will do for us this season. we know we have spent more than in the past, but therein lays the danger, we have gambled on youth and potential , and bargain prices overseas and at this level it looks as if right now we would struggle to get our money back. We are where we are, yes its disappointing, but no its not a surprise. Physically we always look small against PL teams a lesson still not learned.  I suspect we will have many more disappointing days but also some good ones, statistically the bottom 3 clubs need about another 24 points each to stay up, and whilst one may do it, i dont think the end of season table at the bottom will look much different to what it does now. My point is as well we have been easily beaten today by a good side, but we had chances, but we often do but take too few of them, the Newcastle and Wolves games underlining the problem, Pukki scores or no one does. I am sure we will beat one good team we often do and may yet make a fight of it and get some good results but managers do not have magic powers they can only do so much with what they have. If we do go down i suspect we will still be a strong championship side, but then the cycle of past years will no doubt repeat itself in the absence of some stunning transfer bargains or financial investment in the club

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Today we lost away to a very good side. For us to gets points off top third clubs the opposition need to have an off day, we need to play 100% and get the rub of the green. I have been watching this club for decades and anyone who did not think we would struggle big time this season needs a reality check. A few weeks ago we were dead and buried and looking over our shoulder at Derbys all time low points tally in the top flight. Regardless of who is in charge of the team they cannot get a pint out of a half pint pot. We are alas with odd exceptions a championship squad all over the pitch, with as others have said about 4 players that may get a game at another top flight club.

Its not Idahs fault that someone thought it a good idea to make him our back up  striker when the lad has hardly ever scored a competitive goal. Its not Sergeants fault not to score a hatful when he only got about 6 last season in a relegated side.  Farke contributed to his own downfall at the top level with his tactics but its the poor recruitment that has and will do for us this season. we know we have spent more than in the past, but therein lays the danger, we have gambled on youth and potential , and bargain prices overseas and at this level it looks as if right now we would struggle to get our money back. We are where we are, yes its disappointing, but no its not a surprise. Physically we always look small against PL teams a lesson still not learned.  I suspect we will have many more disappointing days but also some good ones, statistically the bottom 3 clubs need about another 24 points each to stay up, and whilst one may do it, i dont think the end of season table at the bottom will look much different to what it does now. My point is as well we have been easily beaten today by a good side, but we had chances, but we often do but take too few of them, the Newcastle and Wolves games underlining the problem, Pukki scores or no one does. I am sure we will beat one good team we often do and may yet make a fight of it and get some good results but managers do not have magic powers they can only do so much with what they have. If we do go down i suspect we will still be a strong championship side, but then the cycle of past years will no doubt repeat itself in the absence of some stunning transfer bargains or financial investment in the club

Stopped here tbh.

Yeah, no place for common sense opinions on here after a loss, let yourself down there Yorkshire, you need to start multiple threads slating all the players, especially those ones you’ve praised in the past, and having a go at the ‘model’ all our transfer business, head of recruitment and the owners.

ps don’t forget the new crest and membership schemes 👍

• Haha 1