Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Lees-Melou seems to be improving well

Was quite impressed with him this weekend, seems to be putting himself about a lot more and becoming the player I had hoped he'd be.

The Sargent miss, and our need for points has put quite a cloud over this match.  But in truth there's a lot of positives on reflection, but the same old issue of not taking our chances. 😞

Normann first name on the sheet and I'm starting to think that Lees-Melou is cementing his name.  How's other people thinking?

• Like 1

I still think its Kenny for the chop for me at the moment, especially if we were to revert to a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-2

PLM whilst not exactly tearing up trees and getting the notice of Normann does seem to be getting a little bit more adjusted to the speed and the physicality required of him in this league. 

48 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Was quite impressed with him this weekend, seems to be putting himself about a lot more and becoming the player I had hoped he'd be.

The Sargent miss, and our need for points has put quite a cloud over this match.  But in truth there's a lot of positives on reflection, but the same old issue of not taking our chances. 😞

Normann first name on the sheet and I'm starting to think that Lees-Melou is cementing his name.  How's other people thinking?

Would love to see a PLM, Normann combo in a 4-2-3-1 in home games, get more of our attacking talent on in games we should be expecting three points, and then play our seemingly defensively effective 5-3-2 away from home or against the top teams.

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

I still think its Kenny for the chop for me at the moment, especially if we were to revert to a 4-2-3-1 or a *3-4-2*

PLM whilst not exactly tearing up trees and getting the notice of Normann does seem to be getting a little bit more adjusted to the speed and the physicality required of him in this league. 

So you want us to play with a man less than the opposition now 😬

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Would love to see a PLM, Normann combo in a 4-2-3-1 in home games, get more of our attacking talent on in games we should be expecting three points, and then play our seemingly defensively effective 5-3-2 away from home or against the top teams.

This is what I'm thinking too.  McLean was missing for quite some time at the weekend, any of our wide players would've been more accountable/present on that field I think.  But obviously the 3 at the back has been working well.

Somehow it feels as though we've snookered ourselves. 😕