Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

Top 3 Transfers

Similar to what the Pinkun boys have done, list your top three signings, except with two categories.

Most important signing - Which signing will have the biggest impact on our chances of survival this season? 

Player with the highest ceiling - Who will prove to be the best transfer for the club in the long term (either in performances or sell-on value)?

For me, I would go:

Most important signing

1) Normann - That cdm position has proven to be a weak area so far this season and, possibly Sorensen aside, we don't seem to have an able replacement.

2) Kabak - We know that teams who have a solid defense have a better chance of staying up. It was crazy how many points we lost by the odd goal last time around. He could be a rock for us.

3) Rashica - We can't rely solely on Pukki's goals again this season and, as the most experienced of the offensive signings, I'm expecting him to step up a bit more than Tzolis/Sargent.

Player with the highest ceiling

1) Tzolis - He made a huge first impression vs Bournemouth and Farke did nothing to dampen expectations with his "best in Europe for his age group" comment.

2) Kabak - He comes with massive potential and I can see him being poached by a Champions League club in a couple of years.

3) Sargent - Gilmour is the boring answer here because he'll go back to Chelsea and probably win a load of trophies in a star studded team. If Sargent can prove that he can score 10+ goals this season then his value will shoot up, as we know how valuable strikers are.

Most important signing 

1 - Kabak : we really needed some help at CH and this young guy has the potential of being a star in the PL

2 - Normann : after Skipp we needed a replacement that was up to him , I'm convinced Normann can do a job for us. But filling Skippy's boots won't be easy

3 - Tzolis : most exciting signing we have made and I expected him to start against Leicester. This young man has the potential , class ,... for being a top PL player

Player with the highest ceiling -

1 - Tzolis : no doubt

2 - Kabak : potentially a centrehalf for a Champions League team , his performances for Liverpool already showed he's got the talent . I am very comforted by his arrival , as I thought we didn't look up to it in central defence.

3 - Sargent : This young man has a work ethic and some talent too. I think he will cut it at the highest level, with the right mindset he has.

Edited by ROBFLECK
  • Like 1

Most important - Kabak. No question. Good enough for 'pool in the champions league, yes injury got him. But, reckon could be a star (maybe not fully with us but, will help)

Highest ceiling - Tzolis. Not seen someone with this excitement/flair/x factor, call it what you will for a while in our colours. Let's not get carried away with him by starting v arsenal. Give him time. 

22 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Most important - Kabak. No question. Good enough for 'pool in the champions league, yes injury got him. But, reckon could be a star (maybe not fully with us but, will help)

Highest ceiling - Tzolis. Not seen someone with this excitement/flair/x factor, call it what you will for a while in our colours. Let's not get carried away with him by starting v arsenal. Give him time. 

At least since Buendia.

• Haha 2