Sign in to follow this  
ALBOWLLY

Andrew Cullen.

44 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The EPL largesse is to a significant extent illusory, certainly as far as stadium expansion goes in the short-term, and there isn't a required set number of directors (apart from a minimum, which I assume we at least have with five) so there are not three vacant seats, or any number of vacant seats.

That said, there is a strong argument for some new blood in any boardroom that has four out of the five being as long-standing as ours. And that is without getting on a Saturday evening into the notion in the longer run of some kind of multi-investor/director take-over...

I should add that it may be the Webber triumvirate acts like an extra director (I have seen it mistaken that Webber is on the board) but while diluting my point (and Essex's) to an extent it doesn't eliminate it.

16 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I should add that it may be the Webber triumvirate acts like an extra director (I have seen it mistaken that Webber is on the board) but while diluting my point (and Essex's) to an extent it doesn't eliminate it.

I think our constitution permits 8 board directors. Burnley have been very successful doing that until their recent changes without any salaried, here today gone tomorrow, football personnel featuring. Seems like a good model to follow particularly given its evolutionary nature and their success in retaining Premier League status.

On the subject of Carrow Road, if the Club doesn't want to embrace commercial connections to solve the problem Delia identified in the 2016 Times interview concerning young peoples opportunity to attend, perhaps the Club could do exactly the opposite. Cancel the seats where commercial clients own more than one in their own name, reduce the commercial areas of the stadium and introduce youth or child pricing in all areas?

If it weren’t for Cullen we would still be drawing crowds of 8-10k 

his ticket schemes for u16s built a solid foundation for years to come 

• Like 1