Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Aarons to Everton rumour

11 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Grim where there ground currently is.

Actually pretty nice near where there new stadium will be. 

Surely you don’t mean Scottie Road? 😳

This thread will be depressingly familiar as we enter the next pre-season ...."will Max be staying, will he be leaving?" and the same for Todd, Emi and the reverse for Oliver Skipp. I believe the club have spoken haven't they on recruitment? Reading between the lines my thoughts are that one or two would leave - loyalty having been given for this year perhaps? The club realises we are are a top 26 club and not one of the top 6. Nor have we the ownership resources (or strategy) to buy high figure multi million pound players and blowing £40m on a Joelinton for example. Our aim is to bring through young players, invest in the academy etc and sell on for very good money  to bolster the first team. We have had years of successfully doing this, the latest being Ben and Jamal.

It hasn't done us any damage because we have had the sure leadership team of Farke and Webber (and others) at the top supported completely by a focused board of directors. It enables us to buy the likes of Giannoulis and Gibson for example as required. All helped by parachute payments. As a model it works and it keeps the club financially healthy.

The downside for us fans is that we get to know a team, a winning team. Then, we face the worry that our success brings in the vultures to pick over us. I suppose that is one outcome of success (as DF states, when the team does well then that is the kind of attention you get). So, not only VAR to look forward to but the potential break up of a successful team (and now appearing on the threads here are the stories of Farke and Webber).

In one sense I want Max, Emi and Todd to go on and have successful careers with big teams, knowing that they were 'made in' Norwich.  Yet, it wears off too. 100% I want them to stay right now.

To balance things, more excitingly, who will we bring in? Who will we add to the group? We also have Omobamidele, Mumba, Dowell and a few others just under the radar, let alone the raw potential talent in Placheta. 

There is no alternative than to go with the flow and wait and see.

In terms of some key players leaving I will try and be an "Apocaloptimist".....dictionary definition - "someone who knows it's all going to sh*t but still thinks things will turn out okay"

Edited by sonyc