Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Krul starts for the Netherlands due to Cillessen injury

Someone like Marsman is probably a better option. For me personally I like Krul as a shot stopper, as he's first class. But is weak at kicking and his decision making can be shaky. 

Im not sure whether I would feel too confident with him between the sticks in the Prem, despite having a good season for us.

Now a lot of people are not going to agree with the above, but I feel his flaws will be exposed heavily in the Prem.

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

Someone like Marsman is probably a better option. For me personally I like Krul as a shot stopper, as he's first class. But is weak at kicking and his decision making can be shaky. 

Im not sure whether I would feel too confident with him between the sticks in the Prem, despite having a good season for us.

Now a lot of people are not going to agree with the above, but I feel his flaws will be exposed heavily in the Prem.

I dont feel he done too bad in the prem with us. Kicking isn't as bad as you keep going on about. He made some ****ing good saves in the prem, handling is brilliant and decision making is generally spot on if you ask me. You strike me as the type of person who would rather mcgovern on goal

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

I dont feel he done too bad in the prem with us. Kicking isn't as bad as you keep going on about. He made some ****ing good saves in the prem, handling is brilliant and decision making is generally spot on if you ask me. You strike me as the type of person who would rather mcgovern on goal

Nope I wouldn't prefer to have McGovern or Barden. I just want to give us the best chance of Premiership survival. For me if we play in the same manner by passing it out from the back in the premiership, he will be exposed a lot more by better quality offensive players. That for me is a concern.

Will be interested to see how Nyland performs after his injury. 

I appreciate he's had a good season and people may question what I say, but its just my opinion on Krul.

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Did you not watch Norwich 2 seasons ago? He was POTS. In the Prem.

Edited by markdmhoward
  • Like 2

Just now, markdmhoward said:

Did you not watch Norwich 2 seasons ago? He was POTS

Yes I did. Are you referring to the season we got relegated, as there's your answer. We need better options in key positions for me. No.1 for me is potentially one of them. 

6 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Yes I did. Are you referring to the season we got relegated, as there's your answer. We need better options in key positions for me. No.1 for me is potentially one of them. 

You think we were relegated due to Tim Krul? I don't think a different goalkeeper would have ment staying up. If anything without him it would have been a worse points tally.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, markdmhoward said:

You think we were relegated due to Tim Krul? I don't think a different goalkeeper would have ment staying up. If anything without him it would have been a worse points tally.

No I think your missing my point. I am not saying that am I. What I am saying we need better quality in our team if we are to compete next season. For me a better ball playing GK is a must. It might not be for other people.