Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Jerome: 2 Million and not a penny more!.

Whilst I''d like to see the lad here, I would be well ''miffted'' if City paid more than 2 million quid for him. For me, he''s raw and untested (especially if we can gatecrash the playoffs) no, I''d rather we chased after Eastwood, who I believe has more potential to offer us.

Plus the fact that at the present, with no Premier teams battering down Cardiffs door for Jerome, Sam can see pound signs every time we call him.

Come on City, hang up on him!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Whilst I''d like to see the lad here, I would be well ''miffted'' if City paid more than 2 million quid for him. For me, he''s raw and untested (especially if we can gatecrash the playoffs) no, I''d rather we chased after Eastwood, who I believe has more potential to offer us.

Plus the fact that at the present, with no Premier teams battering down Cardiffs door for Jerome, Sam can see pound signs every time we call him.

Come on City, hang up on him!.

[/quote]

I should have added, I don''t believe, and was told, the club will not go for anyone with quality, they''re just doing lip service to us, knowing full well, any such bids will fail.

But with my Ashton ''cock up'' last year still fresh in my mind, I thought I''d hedge my bets!.

Wiz the same was said of Ashton but he still sort of done the biz for us!!!!!,Jeromw is going to come here and i thing it will be for a little over £2 mill plus more of those dreaded add ons!!!!!!.

As for Eastwood yes he is a good player but his goals have dried up of late,watch him play us pre-season nice touchs and a good finish past green but would love to see him here as well,we can dream?????.

As for no prem teams knocking on jones door that works in our favour as we won''t get sucked into a bidding war(Sheff utd buying adi took our only other rival out of the game).

Cardiff also need to pull in some money as they are moving to a new 30,000 seater ground which are not cheap,plus as we know they want koumas to stay and he is going to be the thick end of £2 mill.

So like you Wiz i hope we get a good deal so there is money left to get Davenport Halford as well!!!!.

£2.2 up front

£500K if promoted to prem in next two seasons

£500K on appearances (50?)

12.5% sell-on fee

Gets Sam at least £3.5 and possibly more (eventually)

I have said it before but I would not pay more than £1.5 plus add ons for a player who has had just a decent half season.  I would rather see our current strikers play than pay over the odds for Jerome

I agree he is vastly over rated - but as an alternative with Pompey interested in numerous striker why not try for Todorov - now back from injury but clearly not in ''arrys plans and, having been out for 18-24 months will be desperate to play having been superb at this level before - worth a loan bid???