Van wink

Tomorrow’s Scummy Chip Paper

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Opinions seem to be divided between those of us who suffered from 1975 to 1985 and the younger ones who have rarely known anything other than Norwich superiority. 

I suffered and I'd like them to stay where they are. 

Even as someone in the middle, I still remember the gloating from the 5-0 drubbing, the one with the Alex Mathie hat-trick.

Unsurprisingly it's still available to buy as part of Ipswich's glorious "history"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Destruction-derby-Ipswich-Norwich-DVD/dp/B001DL0DGQ

On 25/01/2021 at 12:26, ncfcstar said:

I mean the situation currently is funny, especially as Lambert is involved, but I do feel a bit sorry for them.  The rivalry is obviously much better when we are competing on a similar level, the Play-Off Semi Finals recently and the Milk Cup semi in the past are proof enough of that.

If they continue to struggle, and remain stuck in the lower leagues for years it will get boring.  Then when/if the wheel turns, it will be far much more fun for them than for us.  If they get stuck permanently, who becomes our rival then?  Spurs?  West Ham? Leicester?  None of them will care about us, and rightly so. 

Quite happy to keep them at arms length tbh. After all what goes around comes around in football.

Having your nearest rival in the same league as you isn't always helpful - agenda becomes different, rationale is out the window. Something would have to go seriously wrong for that to happen sometime soon.

Plus I'm old enough to remember when we were really weren't as good as them!

I wouldn't want to see them go to the wall, and the current situation is really quite amusing.