cambridgeshire canary

Can we all take a moment to appreciate Tim Krul?

Ye Gods, who'd be a keeper? POTS last season ,outstanding so far this. Every keeper lets in goals......its not unusual. He is , alongside Pukki, one of the best free , remember that, free, transfers ever. We showed faith in him( I did , anyway) he is now paying that faith back, with interest.    IFLTK.  

"Ye Gods, who'd be a keeper? POTS last season ,outstanding so far this. Every keeper lets in goals......its not unusual."

True. The aim of football is to score goals, more goals than your opponent. Every season in every league hundreds of goals are scored.

Not every goal  against is the result of a defensive mistake, although you would think so from reading this forum. Then again, I noticed from reading the Brizzle forum that they generally considered all City's goals to have come about as a result of defensive mistakes by their own team, so we are not alone in expecting perfection at the back. 

Every team concedes. It would be a pretty boring spectacle otherwise.

So far this season we have let in eight goals from nine games. That's pretty good and I'd settle for that. It's not a sign of a particularly weak defence, imo.

For only one of those eight would I hold Krul (along with Hanley) partially responsible. Indecisiveness in a tricky situation is hardly a failing of any great magnitude though, especially when the opposing forward was very quick to respond.

Edited by BroadstairsR

22 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Ye Gods, who'd be a keeper? POTS last season ,outstanding so far this. Every keeper lets in goals......its not unusual."

True. The aim of football is to score goals, more goals than your opponent. Every season in every league hundreds of goals are scored.

Not every goal  against is the result of a defensive mistake, although you would think so from reading this forum. Then again, I noticed from reading the Brizzle forum that they generally considered all City's goals to have come about as a result of defensive mistakes by their own team, so we are not alone in expecting perfection at the back. 

Every team concedes. It would be a pretty boring spectacle otherwise.

So far this season we have let in eight goals from nine games. That's pretty good and I'd settle for that. It's not a sign of a particularly weak defence, imo.

For only one of those eight would I hold Krul (along with Hanley) partially responsible. Indecisiveness in a tricky situation is hardly a failing of any great magnitude though, especially when the opposing forward was very quick to respond.

Exactly  Broado. Which is better 2 nil or 3-1 ? ....in terms of league placing   , the extra goal scored in a 3-1  counts and would put us ahead of a team on same GD.  

Of course  the ideal is to score plenty....without conceding. Goals against happen, just like shoite happens, sometimes you can find someone to  blame, sometimes you cant.

Eight conceded in 9 games equates to about 40 conceded over the season... a bit of an improvement on season 18/19, though I can't remember exactly  how many we let in  , 57, just checked .