Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

...aaaaaaand breathe.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I've already done my time at Sloughbottom, we moved 'upmarket' to Eaton Park after a couple of years. Pitches were still covered in bobbles, broken glass and dogshít, though.

Jaysus our shoolboys play on better than that over here , my local small town club has 3 full international  size  96%  sand based pitches and a dedicated groundsman who keeps them immaculate.  They are rotated on a 2 on one off basis to keep them that way. Wtf is going on with grass roots footy over there, we're the skint ones ,apparently. I'll be passing them tomorrow and try to remember to get a photo or two to put up. You might be jealous  though. 👍

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jaysus our shoolboys play on better than that over here , my local small town club has 3 full international  size  96%  sand based pitches and a dedicated groundsman who keeps them immaculate.  They are rotated on a 2 on one off basis to keep them that way. Wtf is going on with grass roots footy over there, we're the skint ones ,apparently. I'll be passing them tomorrow and try to remember to get a photo or two to put up. You might be jealous  though. 👍

I've moved into veterans football now, and we play on a full-size 4G pitch at Thorpe High School. The 'youngsters' still play at Eaton Park, though. The changing facilities are decent enough, but the pitches are awful.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I've moved into veterans football now, and we play on a full-size 4G pitch at Thorpe High School. The 'youngsters' still play at Eaton Park, though. The changing facilities are decent enough, but the pitches are awful.

Veterans? I never pictured you as an oldie FTW. Must be the youthful looking profile pic.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Veterans? I never pictured you as an oldie FTW. Must be the youthful looking profile pic.

Ha! Veterans football is for over-35s, and I'm 40. Still act like a teenager, though.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Pardon my asking but what age is veteran? We have over 33 league here , I played till I turned 50 but wasn't much competition for men who were still playing in their  regular teams but aged 33- 36,  tried to get over 40s going to avoid  this but not enough fit players to field teams🤣. Seemed that too many when they got to 40 feel theyve done it . I did get an email after my 50th to invite me to walking football  but  christ, I couldn't watch a bad pass go astray and not chase it. 60 in a couple of years , maybe at 70 I'll feel able not to run, hope not.👍

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Pardon my asking but what age is veteran? We have over 33 league here , I played till I turned 50 but wasn't much competition for men who were still playing in their  regular teams but aged 33- 36,  tried to get over 40s going to avoid  this but not enough fit players to field teams🤣. Seemed that too many when they got to 40 feel theyve done it . I did get an email after my 50th to invite me to walking football  but  christ, I couldn't watch a bad pass go astray and not chase it. 60 in a couple of years , maybe at 70 I'll feel able not to run, hope not.👍

Actually just answered your question in the previous post! It's over 35s, but even at 40 I feel like I'm starting to get over the hill a bit. Our oldest player is 64, though, and still gets the hump when he's on the bench...

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ha! Veterans football is for over-35s, and I'm 40. Still act like a teenager, though.

Age is but a number , some work,retire  and slowly die . Agree with kaceyo  though your profile pic makes you look much younger, ever been in a boy band as you are much too good looking in that picture to be much good at footy. Jersey looks good on you though.😉👍

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Age is but a number , some work,retire  and slowly die . Agree with kaceyo  though your profile pic makes you look much younger, ever been in a boy band as you are much too good looking in that picture to be much good at footy. Jersey looks good on you though.😉👍

Thanks for the kind words. I have picked up a fair amount of work recently with my 'side hustle' of being a RVW impersonator... I just stand around up front playing with my hair, mostly. It pays well, though.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Actually just answered your question in the previous post! It's over 35s, but even at 40 I feel like I'm starting to get over the hill a bit. Our oldest player is 64, though, and still gets the hump when he's on the bench...

Aye, saw that, bit of a slow typist. Playing is so good for ya, helps keep other footy matters in perspective . Grandkids arriving soon , while their man gets the hair done for first time in 4 months, so cheers, and play till you can't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for the kind words. I have picked up a fair amount of work recently with my 'side hustle' of being a RVW impersonator... I just stand around up front playing with my hair, mostly. It pays well, though.

😃😃😃  Jeez I was excited when he arrived , good debut goal( was his/your debut wasnt it v Everton). Sadly it was not to be.  

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

😃😃😃  Jeez I was excited when he arrived , good debut goal( was his/your debut wasnt it v Everton). Sadly it was not to be.  

Still such an odd signing. I can't believe Hughton had ever actually seen him play, he was the complete opposite of what you'd want as a lone striker in a defensive setup like Hughton's.