Sign in to follow this  
pete

Is legal action the only recourse?

UEFA should have come out from the start and said the season 2019/20 is cancelled and all results expunged but to maintain the 'gravy train' they encouraged the leagues to complete along with of course their 'cash cows' the CL and Europa League. Null and void is way too late now, the clubs have already invested 0000's in testing programs and procedures and with the Bundesliga now already in it's third set of games I've no doubt La Liga and Serie A will start very soon, so if things do go **** up in the UK PPG could well happen.

If we kick-off against Southampton then I can't see we will have any case for legal action as presumably it will be stipulated that if the season cannot complete PPG will apply.

It will be interesting to see what happens if regional lockdowns are introduced at locations where football matches are due to take place. I'm not sure any player or people connected with the game would appreciate travelling to a high infection rate area. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-agree-points-22104672?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_football&fbclid=IwAR1yVhIyGJ6PcPc61aP6svHnLieVOefuCrPiS-meYLdbseMYAnJ4tUCW4j4

In line with the above post. I sincerely hope we have not agreed to this or, if we have, have reserved our position on relegation. It was always the case they were going to try and sneak this through as a "fall back."

I note that there is no mention of relegation.

On a different note, press also saying that the rebate to be repaid is £340m with £170m paid by August and the remainder spread over the next 2 years. It will be interesting to see if those monies to be repaid over 2 years come out of our tv monies for this year or reduced parachute payments. I guess the latter but Villa's share is reported as being £11m so if ours is similar then I guess £5m a year off the parachute payments for 2 years is not disastrous.