Since 1980

For all those paranoid there'll be a mass exodus in the summer

I'm not worried. 

If you don't want to be here then fine, go, as long as our valuation is met. 

If you want to stay here then fine, stay, as long as the gaffer thinks you are worth a place in his plans. 

Simple really. 

On 19/02/2020 at 13:43, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Also worth noting that he is scoring below his expected goals level, so I don’t think too many will consider he’s having a very good season this time around - certain not enough to make them want to spend the £20m that Norwich would probably ask for.

Where’s the xg information from Bethnal?

The only set of stats I can find (link below) suggests he’s scored 11 against 9.85xgoals.

The only players with a better goals to xgoals ratio (with ten or more goals) are Kane, Vardy, Aguero, Ings and Aubameyang.

Edit: link https://understat.com/league/EPL

Edited by Aggy

5 hours ago, Aggy said:

Where’s the xg information from Bethnal?

The only set of stats I can find (link below) suggests he’s scored 11 against 9.85xgoals.

The only players with a better goals to xgoals ratio (with ten or more goals) are Kane, Vardy, Aguero, Ings and Aubameyang.

Edit: link https://understat.com/league/EPL

I get info from StatsBomb - who are Norwich’s data provider this season as well. They have the best xg model in the business. 

Those Understat numbers include penalties so you need to deduct 2 goals and 1.5 xg to get non-penalty figures (which are the only ones that really matter).  Understat’s model is very basic and only takes a couple of factors into account, which is true of any free to public models unfortunately.  

I’m not being critical of Pukki, his numbers are still good, especially considering Norwich’s season - they just don’t stand out as excellent.  I When the whole package is factored together with his age, importance to Norwich and contract length; I just can’t see there being much interest in signing him. If he was in the last year of his deal and available for £8m - £10m then I’m sure he’d have many suitors.