Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

The Athletic

I haven't subscribed, the lack of people quoting anything that been reported by them leads me to believe I'm not missing anything.

Is that true? Do subscribers feel like it's worth the money?

Yes. But it's not the place to go for gossip or click bait type articles (in the main), a few, non NCFC related I should add) have had the latter effect.

It's just a range of in depth stories and interviews on a variety of topics, clubs and players. Considered rather than controversial. Enjoying it. And good to read about football stories not related to our club-especially those that leave me glad I don't support the one it might be about, given the angst it provokes from their fans in response. Sunderland a great example.

I really like it. As has been said, it has mainly in depth, specific articles on lots of different sports and clubs. It's not gossipy in any way. I'm also a big boxing and mma fan and the articles on that for example are great reading. 

You also have the q and a after games with Michael Bailey, and other clubs have their own journalists. 

It feels like a good standard of reporting. I got it on the Black Friday deal which was worth it imo.