Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Leitner

Thanks Ron, good read. My take on the reservations expressed is that we need someone like Amadou  or Tettey played with him to compensate for the defensive gaps. Maybe one day injuries will allow it.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

I think we may end up up having to play Amadou/Tettey as DMs but I think it's essential to play Moritz whenever feasible. perhaps sometimes we could play something like a 4-2-1-2-1 with him as a link to Emi & Todd as a fluid pair behind Teemu?

The possibilities are endless!

• Like 1

On 09/09/2019 at 11:59, ron obvious said:

I think we may end up up having to play Amadou/Tettey as DMs but I think it's essential to play Moritz whenever feasible. perhaps sometimes we could play something like a 4-2-1-2-1 with him as a link to Emi & Todd as a fluid pair behind Teemu?

The possibilities are endless!

If Hanley & Godfrey are fit to start on Saturday, perhaps Amadou & Tettey shielding would give Moritz a bit of freedom. Would mean benching Stiepermann which is unlikely given his role, but he hasn't made much of an impact so far. Still early I suppose. Maybe Marco might make his mark over the next few weeks. Byram might be getting a start too, up against Raheem Sterling! Best of luck Sam, a baptism of fire! Hate to be defeatist but keep it to within 3, a la Anfield and then focus on the next cluster of games where points need to be acquired. 

Can’t see us playing Amadou and Tettey. Unless Amadou is central defence. Even if it’s Man City, it’s just not the Farke way to mix it up that much.