Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Gone beyond the point of no return

Worthy will forever be tainted with the record of the last 18 months, irrespective of whether he can take us back to the promised land.

In the event of a reversal of fortune in any game between now and when he goes the vultures will take great delight in raising the issue.

So even if Worthy had the ability to turn our current squad into worldbeaters, which is not just unlikely but highly improbable, some of us will take great delight in twisting the knife.

When will the Board put him out of his misery or better still when will he, I doubt if it will be anytime soon, have a good Christmas because it certainly ain''t gonna be a Happy New Year.

So you''re saying that if the club gets into the prem next season by whatever means then the 70% of fans (or a reasonable portion of them) who want him sacked now will still want him sacked?? Even though he''ll have achieved everything they wanted??

Sounds more like a personal vendetta to me. What would be the point in wanting rid of a successful manager??

rieg77, with Worthy in charge there is absolutely no chance of us being in the Premiership next season.

With a change of management immediately there is an outside chance that we''ll do a Palace and reach the playoffs, but with the way the board are dithering the chance will have gone before something is done.

oh come on rieg, you turned a perfectly reasonable argument into a ''vendetta.'' What rubbish. i posted yesterday I think, that there will always be people waiting to blame Worthy for anything the see fit if he stays - his lack of support is to remain. As for the Premiership thing - WAKE UP - that''s why we feel the way that we do. We are not happy just to be in this division like other clubs, i.e. Crewe. If we have to be in this division then so be it, but we are closer in everything to relegation than promotion.