Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Don't worry about who we will be signing come January

From reading Kevin Piper''s EDP column and the "Clubs will have to dig deep for Ashton" article on the Pink ''Un we should not worry about which players may join in January.  Chances are it may be irrelevant anyway as both articles suggest that Ashton, Green, Huckerby and Safri could all be on their way if it was "Right for Norwich City" because "Everybody has a price".

I know I am being dramatic and it is highly unlikely that we will lose all 4 of those players but yet again City appear to be sending out the wrong messages.  In stead of "Everybody has a price" or "we will sell if it''s right for City" etc etc we should be saying "We are not interested in selling our best players" or something along those lines, even if we are prepared too.  We just seem to be trying to bump up the price rather than ward clubs off.

This all smacks of the Norwich City we all used to know under Chase when any asset was sold off for the right money, which is a stark contrast to what we were told in the summer about keeping the better players and adding quality rather than losing it!

Norwich clearly tried to keep their best players in the summer and would be doing so now if we were in the top six. But with the situation as it is things are rather different now.

I agree with the sentiment SC but no-one would believe NW, ND or Delia if they said we weren''t interested in selling - everybody DOES have their price, Beckham, Viera, Sutton, Shearer, Owen, and probably Henry.