Yellowhammer

Don't underestimate reading

18 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Possession counts for nothing unless you do something with it. I said they executed their gameplan well, not that they deserved anything,  two different things. 

We did. We scored 2 goals. Usually enough to win games. Their first goal was well taken but doesn't happen in 9 out of 10 games (we all agree steeps had a bit of a mare). Second goal was more poor defending and only their second shot on goal. If Gomes is preaching tactics that requires every shot on target to go in he will lose more than he wins.

Also, you imply they deserve something by saying I am wrong when I explicitly said the did not deserve anything. 

It's all cool tho splendid. We are all backing the same team.

21 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

That stat about Emi is crap - try Stevenage at home, third game of the season; it also seems to supposedly apply to games he didn’t start (PNE at home) but not ones he didn’t finish and had minimal impact on (eg Blackburn, 0-0 when he went off v early).  He’s a decent player and will be missed, as would many others - we should leave it at that.

Re: tonight’s game, it’s largely down to us - play to our level and we’ll win, but if we don’t Reading are more than capable of getting something out of the game.  DF has been great so far at getting the guys ‘right’ for games so we will hopefully be right on it from th off.

Did you actually read my post properly? I said I wouldn't get worried about him being out and neither should anyone else.

Plus, Stevenage... Really? We changed pretty much the entire side for that game against lowly opposition.

As it is, probably should have been mildly concerned about Emi being out as there were times last night that we were crying out for his creativity and, perhaps more importantly, his tackling and tracking back ability (which Todd doesn't do anywhere near as well).

Oh yeah. And we didn't win.