Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Players regressing under Farke?

Nelson went from some of the best form of his life to unable to score and now frozen out.

Jerome had 16 goals the season before Farke came- he was sold 6 months later having scored once under Farke.

Hanley had a pedigree as a solid championship defender- after a year with Farke he doesn''t look like he knows where he is supposed to be.

Trybull looked like a classy and composed midfielder who wasn''t afraid to get stuck in- now he looks lightweight.

Why are these players going backwards under this supposedly superb coach?

I don’t think the players like him - they are scared to make mistakes hence all the passing sideways

Heard from some people who knew Remi Matthews that he said Farke was an absolute c**t - maybe it was sour grapes but wouldn’t be surprised

I still think it''s too early to make a judgement. We all wanted revolution and that''s what we got. It takes time to build a new club.

Even yesterday there were signs of progress - I know it was only 20 minutes before Leeds took control, but at least we did compete for a little while.

My worry is that the management team are just too rigid - it was clear that Thompson and Trybull were not match fit yet it took so long to make a change. Trybull in particular was constantly being left standing or wrong side.

I prefer the committed Zimmermann in the middle to an immobile Klose or Hanley.

And why spend money on Rhodes as a goal poacher and then use him as a target man?

Farke and his coaching team need to learn - or they will run out of time. Lose to Ipswich and Middlesbro and things will start to unravel.

The possession -based system we play still looks on the unnatural side for a lot of our players, which is why it''s inefficient on the pitch. The whole team needs to be aware and moving to offer options for a pass.

At the moment it''s stodgy and essentially boils down to ''pass it to Leitner'' in most situations. A couple of simpler players- Hanley, Tettey etc- Ive noticed appear genuinely flustered trying to remember what their instructions are and inevitably we lose the ball; Tettey tries to be a ball-playing midfielder and Hanley charges out of defence, gets jumpy and kicks long.

I know people will roll their eyes at this, but whenever I hit a bad streak on Football Manager that I couldn''t figure out, I''d just pick the strongest XI in a simple formation and not think too much about it. Usually works. I wonder if we need to abandon this minutiae of defensive situations, statistical analysis and general p***ing about for a while and just play simple.

Well equally you could argue not only did he improve Maddison and Murphy whilst giving them a platform but players like Trybull etc were practically in the wilderness from years of injury hit, form dropping seasons yet we got Trybull playing to a good level. Although his career typically shows a downturn once he gets a contract and I think Bethnal knows more on that. Plus he brought Jamal in from nowhere. Zimmerman went from 4th tier German defender to being capable of playing at championship level.

So whilst there are some failings from Farke this aint one of them.