Sign in to follow this  
Bill

False position...5th ?

If you recognise that a defeat today would have seen us in 16th.
But we can do little but keep winning points, and let the table sort itself out for the time being - as a win or loss at this stage can move us around the table quite a bit.
However, wins against teams like Boro and Wigan prove that our recent wins are not simply because we have played ''lowly'' opposition.
And as welcome as it is to all of us to be in the top six it is more important to grasp how we got there.
You don''t fluke four straight league wins, nor is it a fluke when you do it by only conceding one goal in those four wins (especially when you have a defence that was supposedly a bit ''dodgy'').
We need an average of 3 points from every two games to be in the (bottom) of the top six come May. Not beyond our abilities if the last four league games are anything to go by.
Wembley here we come (double with the League CupĀ  )

It may look a false position Ben, but we have played all of the top 4 too.

Iā€™ll admit I wetted my pants early season, but maybe just maybe Mr Farke and his Parka may get us to the playoffs this year

I''m not claiming it is a false position, merely pointing out that at this stage in the season a win or loss can make quite a difference in the table.
However the past four league wins have been on merit so wherever we find ourselves it is deserved, but it is still about winning points above any early season position.

All one can say Ben, is at this moment in time at 10 games its not false. As the old saying says, the table never lies. Also right now, im not thinking or caring about where we are at 46 games, im just enjoying the moment. Plus 1 goal difference to, yet another first for Daniel! Town and Alex still both in bottom 3, its all perfect right now and loving it.

It''s shows that we are more competitive than I thought we would be and fair play to Farke, Webber and the team... Long may it continue