Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Once the Sheets are balanced.

Ok its my birthday today and had a few drinks so sorry if this makes no sense :)

So once we have the payroll balanced.... am I to assume IF they were balanced right now and we have a player like Maddison who we will get 20-25 that would potentially put us at +25Mil and that could bring in 5 quality players.

And being a self sustaining we could sell 1-2 quality players to bring in a profit which would pay for additional recruitment. Obviously we wont make 25Mil every time but we could sell someone and make 10 Mil and with the team that we have we could bring in another 1-2 players making it to be a very solid team and a great cycle of talented players year after year.

Might take a year or 2 but long term that would def. work.

If only it was that simple. It raises a great point though. Buys like Steven Naismith were £8m down the drain basically whatever happened due to his age.

If we were to invest properly in some good signings and pay a bit of money for the likes of Marcus Maddison or Paddy McNair, they are both at a good age that they are likely to command fees further on down the line should we need to shuffle the pack again.

Look at how Grabban fared for instance, one decent season after joining for £3m and then he fell by the wayside yet we still made £5m profit on him.

Hopefully the club doesn''t just look at what''s in the bank and takes into account any new arrivals as potential investments. Someone like Buendia could potentially be worth £25m in a years time if he has as good a season as Maddison just had. I know it''s unlikely, but it''s also unlikely that we won''t at least recoup what we have paid for him.

We have plenty of experienced pros like Klose, Pinto, Hanley and Tettey which I feel means we can afford to buy some younger players to invest in.

I''d imagine we need at least 1 experienced back up if Jones and McGovern leave and maybe 1 experienced forward player unless Naismith or Jarvis have an unlikely revival and the rest can be raw talent that we sign with huge potential should they develop.

I don''t think we can realistically budget for promotion but it shouldn''t stop us having a go. I doubt the Lambert team or the Worthington team were assembled on big budgets.

It isn''t "as big a deal" if we don''t go up anymore as we are getting back to being self sustaining and i''m confident we already have enough about us to at least stay in the division even if Maddison leaves.

The fan in me would love for us to keep Maddison just a bit longer though, perhaps even back on loan or until January (then see how we are going in the league like we did with Pritchard) but I can understand that an asset worth £25m+ isn''t one to take a gamble on so easily for the club.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Are you actually Stuart Webber?[/quote]

Nope but maybe I should drink more often if I do make sense ;)