Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Keep calm guys. We are still very far from being competitive!

I have to say I think their has been some very astute signings and I am really looking forward to the new season.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Essjayess,

I have to disagree.

Firstly finishing 14th (15 points from playoff) isn''t competitive.

Secondly you highlight that we sold Maddison, Murphy and Pritchard and unless we replace them with equal or better players we are only going to be less competitive.

The club stinks of accepting mid-table Championship football, that''s all very well but with with teams around us improving, we risk dropping even lower.[/quote]

I think the point is that in most games we were competitive and seemed to get better as the season went on.

I don’t think the club is accepting mid-table championship, I think it is doing the best it can to remain competitive on much reduced budgets whilst being hamstrung by some heavy wage earners on the last year of their contracts.

Outside of the obvious point of miraculously attracting an investor with deep pockets who just happens to love Norfolk and teams playing in yellow what would you actually propose the club does different?

Run up massive debts in trying to be more competitive maybe? Lurch from manager to manager trying to find another magical lambert type and give no continuity of approach to our young players or youth teams?

I also would love to see NCFC competing at the top of this league (or prem)and have no aversion to a new buyer coming in but it I think the criticism labelled at the club in the mean time is both short-sighted and lacking any awareness of the financial reality we are operating in.