Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Presser: sounds as if we’re looking at wolves like Chelsea/Arsenal

And that’s a good thing.

If the players treat it the same way and act accordingly that’s our best chance of coming away with something. The kind of money they’ve spent, and the quality of manager they have this year is nothing less than mouthwatering. We know the Quality Ruddy has and Benno has a nice little chip on his shoulder from the way some fans treated him/with his quality never being really shown/given a chance here.

Like Hanley and DF said. The pressure is all on them. Although I would of preferred they had won on Saturday.

RyBen under appreciated? Possibly. Not given a chance? 101 league appearances suggests otherwise. (Don’t know how many were subs appearances though.

I certainly didn''t underappreciate Benno or Ruddy, both were sterling servants of our club and are destined to play in the Prem again. And good luck to them too.

Whilst he was here, Benno got his fair share of stick, but he also made some questionable decisions. Attacking fans on social media, being a bit of a liability on the pitch giving away fouls. That said, he''s older now, and has probably learnt from it in all respects.

As for our outlook, we know we''re underdogs. But we can go out there and give them a run for their money. If we can keep Chelsea and Arsenal modest over 90 minutes, I''m sure we can get points from Wolves. That said, it does depend if we turn up!

I liked Bennett and feel that he was harshly treated. Although you can;t say he never got a chance he was often made the fall guy for bad defensive displays when in my view other defenders (we all know who the main one one) were far more culpable. There were two or three occasions when Bennett got into the team and was playing pretty well but was then dropped to accomodate the return of a more "senior" player. I certainly think he could have done a job for us in our current system although to be fair i think our current 3 main centre backs are just as good.

Ruddy obviously a great sevant and another player I liked but he needed a change and Gunn is better in my opinion. Apart from that slightly strange first 45 minutes on Sunday the ball sticks to Gunn far more than it did to Ruddy (especially the post injury Ruddy) and i can;t really think of a goal we''ve conceded where Gunn has been at fault whereas i think in the latter days there were a few where Ruddy as slow to get down to shots etc.

We are also a better side than when we played Wolves previously and we are playing them at a better time for us (and maybe with them wobbling a touch). they were significant beneficiaries of our injury crisis and general squad fatigue after the sc*m away and Arsenal cup games earlier in the season. i have no doubt they are the outstanding side in this league and they have great quality going forward but I expect us to give them a decent game this time around and we are pretty well suited to playing away where the extra space we get and the fact teams don;t sit in against us seems to suit our style of play better than playing at home.

Someone on here did once claim that all of either Russell Martin or Seb Bassongs mistakes (can''t remember which one) were down to covering Bennett...