Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Fulham v Norwich Match Thread.

[quote user="birchfest"]Having lived in Portugal... they can be a pretty fiery people. Nelson disappointed not to have started and made a point in his own way, just seen the video on Twitter and in fairness he does then turn at the end and pump his fists towards the away end! Just making his point that he wants to play... I have no problem with that.[/quote]His fiery temper got him sent off last season and a three match ban so if there is a reluctance to start him it''s partially his own fault.  Jerome is more or less guaranteed to last 90 minutes as he has a better temperament so is a better team player IMO. Sendings off last season were our achilles heel and fortunately most culprits have now left the club.  

Walking to Fulham always stokes negative memories, it''s a nice enough walk through the part next to the river especially when the sun is shining, but the last time we won there I wasn''t even born!
Thought we played well, defensively I thought we were more solid then recent seasons although I still believe Martin just isn''t good enough and was at fault for a lot of big gaps which Fulham should have exploited better. Jerome didn''t carry much of a goal threat but I don''t think that was his mission today, instead handing off to Watkins whose finishing needed to be much better today, we could have had a few. before half time Exerted a lot of pressure in the second half and survived a few scares. Definitely a handball for Martin''s shot, should have been given. Nelson immense when he came on and deserved his goal and we deserved a point. We fought to the end that after last season that was very welcome. Fulham are a good side and we were completely unknown, a hard test for day 1 and we came away with a valuable point. 
Definitely not 1st choice 11 because Wessi has to feature, but happy with Zimmerman and I thought Vrancic had a great game, always in the thick of things. Need more from Maddison. 
Massive props to the yellow army today as well, good voice all game and roared the boys on.

Just back after a hectic day,  Morning session of the World Athletics Championship then across to Fulham and after, back to watch the evening session of the Athletics !  The match I felt that most of the match it was going to be ''same as''  because we had been the better team, had more chances yet we were one nil down and couldn''t do anything about it, I was getting more and more frustrated, then something happened that never did with Alex Niel,  Dan Farke brought on a sub that made a difference!  Wes was just what we needed and proved the pass for the goal. So I left Craven Cottage with a smile on my face for the first time , I can remember. One thing that I thought was different was how open both teams were, it could easily have been 5-5!