Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Sean Raggett

Having got to know Danny & Nicky Cowley and how they work first at Concord and then at Braintree they are not only good judges of a player but also of a player''s character to.

Interesting to read that Raggett was advised by his agent to sit out Lincoln''s opening games of the season so that he didn''t get injured and to force through a transfer but he ignored the advice and was man of the match in their game at Wycombe.

He is a young man who was a part-time footballer twelve months ago and just wants to play, in the modern game that should be acknowledged and applauded!

This is yet another pointer towards the direction the club is heading - and has been for a while now. The youth policy is as much about bringing in very promising 18-20 year olds as it is nuturing players from a young age.Raggett joins Abrahams, Godfrey, Adams, Thompson, Phillips, Fonkeu, Jaiyesimi, and even Maddison as ''one for the future''. Despite the criticism I trust the coaches to know who needs to be on loan, and at what club.I would also suggest that the way we are allowing younger players to develop with us is maybe a reason that we have been able to sign so many of them. I don''t doubt that other clubs were nterested. Add them to the bill for Zimmerman, Franke, Vrancis Trybull and Stieperman and have the cist as much as VOO, RVW or Fer ?There certainly seems to be a greater enthusiasm among them than many porevious signings. The players as individuals seem up for it and the cimments by Zimmerman re taklking t fans after the game were as touching as they were refreshing. Not the '' I''ve done all this before'' but the genuine surprise of it all. Wait till he gets to Villa park, because that is a big stadium. And another wait.. till after the game before looking tio swap shirts with John Terry And not like a previous City defender (Doherty) who was so keen to get the opponent''s shirt after the game that he would spend much of the game tugging on it.Yep, there is certainly a better spirit around the place. Players with a bit of humilty and a genuine wish to give it their all and see where it takes them (and us).  And maybe having another crack at promotion with a bunch of ''unknowns'' as in 2009- 2011 is not such a bad thing. As opposed to trying to stay up in the PL with another bunch of over paid ''stars'',  that is,C''mon you little ole Norwich

Great post Essex_Canary

I was about to write something similar, although I haven''t followed the Cowley''s career''s but having done a bit of research it looks like he''s a motivated, great guy and top professional, seems like a theme amoungst our new signings and a mentality the rest of the squad have bought into.