Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

How many players are we going to sign this transfer window?

[quote user="Alfie54"]I wondered if anybody thinks we will be stronger once the window closes? I don''t think so, lower wage bill, but weaker squad.[/quote]Depends.I would rather have players who want to be here, and give 100%, than players with one eye on the exit door giving less.

[quote user="Alfie54"]I wondered if anybody thinks we will be stronger once the window closes? I don''t think so, lower wage bill, but weaker squad.[/quote]

Sometimes less is more (as I''ve told on here, many times [;)] ) and a more compact squad may have better focus, as they would all feel that much closer to being in the first team.   The problem looks to have been that there have been too many players coming to the club thinking they are going to be in the first team only to find they are not as fit as, or better footballers than other players at the club.   So yes, I think we could be stronger - even if we lose four or five players - especially if we also get a player or two in that would give us an extra boost.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]I wondered if anybody thinks we will be stronger once the window closes? I don''t think so, lower wage bill, but weaker squad.[/quote]Depends.I would rather have players who want to be here, and give 100%, than players with one eye on the exit door giving less.[/quote]

So you would settle for us bringing in inferior players? Surely any progressive club should be looking to improve rather than weaken their squad?

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]I wondered if anybody thinks we will be stronger once the window closes? I don''t think so, lower wage bill, but weaker squad.[/quote]Depends.I would rather have players who want to be here, and give 100%, than players with one eye on the exit door giving less.[/quote]

So you would settle for us bringing in inferior players? Surely any progressive club should be looking to improve rather than weaken their squad?[/quote]We don''t have much choice, do we?Or is there a fantasy world I''m not part of where you get relegated and then buy better quality players?Well done for getting your whingeing in before any deals have been struck though[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]I wondered if anybody thinks we will be stronger once the window closes? I don''t think so, lower wage bill, but weaker squad.[/quote]Depends.I would rather have players who want to be here, and give 100%, than players with one eye on the exit door giving less.[/quote]

So you would settle for us bringing in inferior players? Surely any progressive club should be looking to improve rather than weaken their squad?[/quote]We don''t have much choice, do we?Or is there a fantasy world I''m not part of where you get relegated and then buy better quality players?Well done for getting your whingeing in before any deals have been struck though[Y] [/quote]

So you agree that we''ll be weaker then!

Also having a different view to you insnt whingeing.

The clear problem is that we will have problems attracting quality players in, therefore it will be even tougher to get in the top six.

Seems like a realistic view. I hope that I am totally wrong and we get the additional quality defenders, defensive midfielder and forward that we need.

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]I wondered if anybody thinks we will be stronger once the window closes? I don''t think so, lower wage bill, but weaker squad.[/quote]Depends.I would rather have players who want to be here, and give 100%, than players with one eye on the exit door giving less.[/quote]

So you would settle for us bringing in inferior players? Surely any progressive club should be looking to improve rather than weaken their squad?[/quote]We don''t have much choice, do we?Or is there a fantasy world I''m not part of where you get relegated and then buy better quality players?Well done for getting your whingeing in before any deals have been struck though[Y] [/quote]

So you agree that we''ll be weaker then!

Also having a different view to you insnt whingeing.

The clear problem is that we will have problems attracting quality players in, therefore it will be even tougher to get in the top six.

Seems like a realistic view. I hope that I am totally wrong and we get the additional quality defenders, defensive midfielder and forward that we need.[/quote]No I don''t agree.I don''t know, and neither do you.You''re moaning about it before its even happened.

Obviously could buy a player with half of a projected £12-15m for Brady ,, who is a far better asset to the team ,,, now do you understand ? 🙄

Yes I fully understand, I just don''t think it will happen, do you?

Amazing how time flies when you''re enjoying yourself.

That''s day 15 of the transfer window gone and hey presto we''ve made 1 signing, a 16 year old midfielder, sold our only left back remaining at the club and played Captain Hopeless in his place.

Halfway there, not sure I''m very hopeful.