Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Is this the low spot and upwards from here or a tumble down the leauge

Just watched the goals ,can''t believe how bad we were ,

Players out of position, seems that there is no confidence and don''t seem to know what each other is doing.

Let''s hope this the low spot in the season and will be upwards from here ,but I have my doubts

who knows. that''s he fun of being a Norwich fan! it is a worrying result though and now we can forget kidding ourselves that we will hop on the jolly championship rife with Newcastle and romantically float up to the prem. it''s gonna be hard and maybe take a season or 2 more than we hoped though.

Hopefully today has ruffledone a few (of the right) feathers and ruddy is reinstated etc.

An interesting question....perhaps we are at a point where we need to consolidate, make larger structural changes during the next 3 years of parachute payments if our recent spending gamble won''t deliver promotion at the first attempt. Burnley did it last year. It''s not too late for us but we have maybe 4/5 games or so before the likely shape of the season will emerge. At the moment we are going backwards.

I mistakenly thought we might be in 3rd gear only and that our future could be exciting ( that was at half time in the Fulham match and 90% the way through the Newcastle match). Teams that go up automatically don''t implode like we have done.

Yet pre season I thought we would have an indifferent season. Just how long can the drama and excitement go on being a Norwich fan? I sensed an underwhelming season yet always hoped for something better....which is just what has happened.

Something hasn''t really fired has it? The performances, the air of invincibility in games....the changes at board level have been unsettling too. Perhaps a play off place awaits? Maybe the board has this aim? That a top 6 spot is their benchmark.

I think we can expect a turgid draw next week re. Leeds. And what would that tell us? Perhaps that the make up, the management and leadership has over-ripened, like an autumnal wind of change around the place.

I want to see fresh ideas, to see more of a long term strategy (and leadership from a terribly quiet board) about what their objectives are. The young players at our club could well be the springboard for a great future. We have the fanbase too.

But who can galvanise this I''m really unsure? No idea on the management side either.

Would like to remember Neil for one of the wonderful supporting days of my Norwich City life at Wembley. That was then, but now things have moved on. Someone needs to come in with a new project and in so doing, unite the team and us fans and posters.

Let''s hope this debacle is the one that makes some of the players and the fans realise we are not going to stroll to promotion. We do have the squad and I still firmly believe, the manager to do the job but I think there has been an almost arrogance that we are too good for this league.

I don''t think AN will let us tumble down the league but I expect him to light a few rockets now and hopefully our blip is now done... Saying that though - very tough game next week!