Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Clubs/players getting richer, fans paying the price!?

I think this story will run & run. With the bumper payments coming into football clubs I like how some premier league clubs staff/fans are taking it too their respective boards. When compared to European football, it''s clear rip off England is in full flow.

I''m hanging up my season ticket at the end of this season, I could spend my money on much more productive things. I know it''s relative to the induvidual, but I''m not giving McNally another penny.

Quite a telling quote from Football Supporters'' Federation chairman Malcolm Clark reported on BBC Sport: "Clubs could let everyone in for free all season and still have more money than they had last season with the current TV rights deal".

[quote user="OnTheBall"]Quite a telling quote from Football Supporters'' Federation chairman Malcolm Clark reported on BBC Sport: "Clubs could let everyone in for free all season and still have more money than they had last season with the current TV rights deal".[/quote]I don''t think the new TV deal kicks in until next season - which would make that statement wrong.

Yes and our club is right there with them. Our CEO was paid a nice bonus the year we were relegated whilst some staff lost their jobs.

Last season he was paid a handsome bonus but still asked supporters to pay £19 towards the academy (his bonus would have covered the entire donation asked of supporters - although many don''t pay).

Football has become greedy but the only person who really cares about the club is the supporter.

Not long ago I heard an interview with a chairman from a German club saying that their season tickets were about £200 he could have raised them to the Premier League prices but this would only have generated about £2 million and you wouldn''t spend five minutes in a transfer deal talking about £2 million so why should supporters pay.