Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Keelan, Gunn or Green - who's best?

Alex, I dont know if you''re correct with your 7 main keepers for City since the 40''s, but if you are, that really is an amazing fact.

For me it has to be

Keelan

Woods

Green

Gunn

If it wasnt for the competition from Banks, then clemence and then Shilts (talk about bad luck!) keelan would have been a full england international - he was simply superb.  Woods was consistently a top keeper wasted in scotland, Green is already far more consistent than the legend but error prone gunn.

As far as worst keepers are concerned Hansbury beats the hapless Tracey every time.

OTBC

[quote]Alex, I dont know if you''re correct with your 7 main keepers for City since the 40''s, but if you are, that really is an amazing fact.[/quote]

You missed out Ken Oxford Stephen,

He made well over a hundred appearances for City and often "shared" the first team spot with Ken Nethercott.

Not the prettiest looking goalie we ever had but certainly one of the best, hands like buckets I seem to remember. But that was the days when goalies used to catch the ball !

[quote]You missed out Ken Oxford Stephen, He made well over a hundred appearances for City and often "shared" the first team spot with Ken Nethercott. Not the prettiest looking goalie we ever had but cert...[/quote]

Just thought i''d stick up for Stephen here, as it was actually me who missed him out!