Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Ronnie Moore

I have just watched tonight''s Football League Review, on which Ronnie Moore was the studio guest. It was great to get a really balanced view re: all the incidents that took place at Millmoor on Saturday (places tongue firmly in cheek and takes a deep breath). In fact, I felt sufficiently annoyed by the programme that I have just e-mailed the Nationwide guru at Skysports (Mr. Kamara) to complain. Below is a copy of my e-mail. Please feel free, if you saw the programme and felt the same as I did, to do likewise.

Dear Chris,

I just wanted to say how disappointed and puzzled I am that
Skysports has given Rotherham manager, Ronnie Moore, a platform
from which to speak on today''s Football League Review with regard
to the incidents which took place, or allegedly took place,
during the Rotherham v Norwich match last Saturday. With an FA
investigation apparently underway this would seem to me to be
rather irresponsible. I am also wondering, as there are
usually two sides to every story, if anyone from Norwich City was
invited to speak on the club''s behalf so that a balanced view
could have been presented during this programme. Your thoughts
on the matter would be appreciated.

I generally enjoy watching the Football League Review each week,
but I shall not watch it in the future if it becomes a glorified
opportunity for managers to put across their blinkered views on
controversial topics/incidents in which they themselves have been
directly involved, to the detriment of another club, as was the
case in today''s programme.

(I will let everyone know if I get a reply!!!)

Susie B, good on you for emailing the powers that be as regards this issue, I hope they take your comments and the issues you raised seriously as its quite a contencious decision on their part to allow Ronnie Moore to voice his allegations.
I didn''t see the programme, but can imagine that Ronnie Moore was somewhat biased and using the platform afforded him to try and weasel his side out of any wrong-doing...

Look forward to hearing whatever comments you get back from Skysports...

ps: are you in Manchester? I vaguely remember some thread a while back where I think you said you were... I''m in Manchester too...

A.

On top of that, Moore was also on Radio 5 earlier in the week with the spitting allegations and so forth. Again, no Norwich perspective was given and the reporter seemed quite happy to take his story as red.

Anderz,
No reply yet, but I shall e-mail Skysports again if I don''t get one!

Just to fill you in a bit more as you didn''t see the prog., Ronnie Moore said again that he thought Hucks dived as he was going nowhere and had lost control of the ball. He also said that he thought the ref. gave their third goal to even up the penalty decision, suggesting he thought he had a guilty conscience about it. He took issue with the ref.''s comments about him being seen to speak aggressively to a Norwich player and poking him in the chest. ("I only tapped him on the shoulder"). The alleged spitting incident was given the Ronnie slant in its full glory, as you might imagine, with mention of the two witnesses who are prepared to testify that they saw Leon McKenzie ''do the dirty deed'', and there were even details about where Guy Branston was when he wiped the offending sputum from his face, and why he chose to do this sometime after the event and not at the time of the ''witnessed incident''.

You can see even more now, I guess, how my hackles rose as I watched the man being given free reign from his very public soapbox.

I''m not in Manchester, but in the depths of bootiful Norfolk (south), where it is damp and a bit grey today. How is it in your neck of the woods?

I used to have a bit of time for Ronnie Moore but after this whole incident i now view him as a total idiot. I didn''t realise he had become so bitter and dillusional. Probably ever since some joker from south of the border called up Millmoor saying they''d like to talk to Ronnie Moore about the vacant manager''s job at Portaloo Road. Ronnie got all flattered and made flirtatious noises in the direction of Suffolk saying he''d done all he can at Rotherham and would love the opportunity to manage a ''big'' club blah blah. Only to discover it was all a wind up!!! How stupid must he have felt! HA HA Ronnie you dozy fool!

Well done Susie for a great post and in e-mailing Sky Sports with your views.

I also watched Ronnie Moore slate us time and time again and i found myself getting angrier as the programme went on.

Look forward to hearing if you get a reply.

Thanks for all your support, guys.

You''ll not be surprised to know that I haven''t heard anything as yet, but I will allow a day or so before writing again as I don''t suppose some of the Sky journos are in every day. I won''t let it rest though.

I hate to say this, but I suspect it might be just the tip of a giant iceberg if we continue to do well. I''m convinced that there will be some other teams that will indulge in whatever it takes to try to rattle us and drag our name through the mud in public. (I''d be curious to know if Portsmouth or Leicester suffered the same fate last season. Perhaps the fact that they were so far ahead most of the time meant that nothing much similar happened to them). I don''t know about that, but what I do know is that our players and manager have emerged from all of this with our utmost respect for the self-discipline and dignity they showed in the midst of extreme provocation. Such a pity, then, that the viewing public only had the gospel according to saint Ronnie to accompany the images on the screen yesterday. No wonder we all felt so angry watching it!

Susie B,

Manchester is very much like Norfolk today then, pi*sy-wet and grey (believe it or not, its actually been quite dry recently...) Dunno where I got the idea you were in Manchester then, sorry for the probable confusion caused... (I know I''m confused...??!??!??)

Anyways, I digress... I''m guessing that the powers that be at Skysports have decided not to reply to your email in the hope that you''re not gonna take the matter on any further... I think that perhaps in your second email to them you should mention that you are considering contacting the ITC about the matter, on the basis that the interview was inflamatory and only offered a one-sided angle of an incident which is currently being investifated by the FA. I know its not quite the same thing, but if this were a court case then you wouldn''t have the accussed, Ronald Moore, shouting his mouth off at the investigative procedures... I too once had a bit of time and respect for him but I think he''s let himself down badly with the way he''s conducting himself... at least Branston isn''t shouting his mouth off too at the injustice of the sending off, perhaps unlike his manager, he''s realised that he was in the wrong and is accepting his punishment...

Anyhow, all the best Susie B in your campaign, let me know if there''s anyway I can help you further in this matter...?!?

A.