Sign in to follow this  
Angus Nisbet

Ashton - legend

He has signed a contract extension when he must have had FAR better offers elsewhere. Well done lad.

Now let''s get a centre back and a central midfielder and get on with it.

I''m sure the likes of Iwan,Bowen,Crook and Gunny would be interested to see that they would only have had to play 20 games to become a legend , mate.

The extra year means nothing more than a few more quid on a transfer fee if we sell him.

Believe me , if a bid came in from a reasonably big Prem club (ie Man City,Newcastle,Spurs) for say £9-10m , then Deano would be off because

a) the club would have to accept it as a great piece of business - more than doubling their money within a year  , and

b) the player would want to go - in his shoes who wouldn''t ?

He''s got the potential to be a City great but he''s not yet a legend.

[quote]I''m sure the likes of Iwan,Bowen,Crook and Gunny would be interested to see that they would only have had to play 20 games to become a legend , mate. The extra year means nothing more than a few more...[/quote]

Leon became an instant legend on his debut, so its not just about how long you''ve been at Carrow Rd.

apologies Maverick. Should have made the subject line:

Ashton - potentially a legend.

I was talking more about his behaviour over the last week or so rather than his place in NCFC folklore.

[quote]He has signed a contract extension when he must have had FAR better offers elsewhere. Well done lad. Now let''s get a centre back and a central midfielder and get on with it.[/quote]

aparently hes a centre back now