Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Steve Clarke?

His name has been mentioned a few times on here as a potential managerial candidate. What do people think? Did well in his first season with WBA, and played good football in the process, but stagnated this season. Possibly unlucky to lose his job, but from what I''ve heard from WBA fans his situation was similar to Hughton- fans knew a change was needed, as their summer buys hadn''t worked out as hoped. Also rumoured to have fallen out with their Chairman Jeremy Peace, after he publicly bemoaned the lack of funds for new signings. He''s one that could go either way for me, might be amazing, might leave us in lower mid-table in the Championship with a few unwanted and expensive buys.

Well, I''d prefer him to Neil Warnock. I was impressed with him in his first season at west brom, and surprised that he did so badly last season. I''m agree with you though it could go either way.

Steve Clarke wasn''t responsible for any of the summer signings.. he was badly let down by their newly appointed "director of football"