Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Goals

What a shame we cant score,its the only thing really missing,it is what frightens me tomorrow night.Is it time to bite the bullet and give that man on the the bench from Argentina a start can he do worse than R V W.The fact is if we don''t start knocking in a few soon we will be in the sh*t big time.The one R V W just missed on Sat,would a certain fat bloke have scored,I somehow think he,2 Man C defenders,Hart fat man himself and the ball would have ended up in the net.You cannont take what a great display it was Sat but where oh where are the goals going to come from and when all around seem now to have found the knack.Please start tomorrow as we need a win.

[quote user="the pigman"]What a shame we cant score,its the only thing really missing,it is what frightens me tomorrow night.Is it time to bite the bullet and give that man on the the bench from Argentina a start can he do worse than R V W.The fact is if we don''t start knocking in a few soon we will be in the sh*t big time.The one R V W just missed on Sat,would a certain fat bloke have scored,I somehow think he,2 Man C defenders,Hart fat man himself and the ball would have ended up in the net.You cannont take what a great display it was Sat but where oh where are the goals going to come from and when all around seem now to have found the knack.Please start tomorrow as we need a win.[/quote]

Its the thing that is eluding us, but we are getting closer and closer.  Clear cut chances from Pilks and Redmond should have at least been on target against MC and RVW was a whisker away.  What we should worry about most is if we don''t make chances.    I am sure the goals will start to flow more if the performances continue to improve and as long as we keep creating chances.  But agreed - we need to start tomorrow!

If Redmond and Pilks both squared their chances we''d have scored twice probably....I think the RVW chance was played a bit high, fast and slightly behind him, desperately unlucky, but we just rarely square the ball when we have the chance. See Snodgrass'' goal against Cardiff - Olsson squared it, we squored!

[quote user="the pigman"]What a shame we cant score,its the only thing really missing,it is what frightens me tomorrow night.Is it time to bite the bullet and give that man on the the bench from Argentina a start can he do worse than R V W.The fact is if we don''t start knocking in a few soon we will be in the sh*t big time.The one R V W just missed on Sat,would a certain fat bloke have scored,I somehow think he,2 Man C defenders,Hart fat man himself and the ball would have ended up in the net.You cannont take what a great display it was Sat but where oh where are the goals going to come from and when all around seem now to have found the knack.Please start tomorrow as we need a win.[/quote]

Little unfair on RVW as the ball went behind him and he made the right run and got in front of the defender and nobody is having a pop at Pilks who also missed it

Like wise when Russ had a similar opportunity to make the same cross a little earlier in the game from a very similar position he failed to get it past Hart.

We will get there, it will come, hopefully sooner than later.