Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so we went out and attacked....

One of the most clueless posts i have seen. If that is us going out and attacking we may as well throw in the towel now!

In fairness to CH, he set us up to be positive today. We played 2 strikers at home, something which a lot of people were crying out for last season. He selected two midfield players who are attack minded and have quality on the ball rather than a stopper like Johnson.

We monopolised possession as a result - 64% in total. Indeed I thought it was the most inventive and precise we''ve been with our passing so far this season (admittedly when Hull and Spurs are your yardstick that isn''t difficult!). He also made positive substitutions early enough to influence the game - Hooper and Pilkington were on after an hour.

In terms of creating chances: we had enough to get something from that game yesterday. We''ve missed a penalty, Guzan saved from Hooper (after RVW should have done better initially), RVW also missed two or three other chances.

However, looking at the bigger picture it would be deluded of me not to be very concerned. We''ve picked up 23 points from the last 25 games. That is relegation form in anyone''s books. Our horrendous showings on the road also mean we can''t afford to lose home games like yesterday.

I thought it was crucial that we got off to a decent start as we had a clutch of "winnable" (by Premiership standards) games to begin with. To find ourselves just outside the bottom 3 is desperately disappointing. I''m not in the Hughton out camp, but things need to improve pretty radically.