Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Fit of the new shirt.

Just received my new shirt (and random free football) in the post. First impression is that it looks smart, although it takes a bit of getting used to (the Green is a bit darker than recent years too I think).
I''ve seen a few posts on here questioning the fit of the new shirt, so thought I''d offer my thoughts and try and help some of those people out.
I normally wear Medium or Large t-shirts depending on the fit so I guess I''m on the large side of medium/small side of large. I''m 5''8 but have a very stocky build (plus carrying a few extra lbs atm). I ordered a large and it is a good fit for me. It''s pretty much bang on length wise and is baggy enough to be comfortable, but not so baggy it looks silly, just the right amount for my preference, although if you''re not a big bloke then you may be better off sizing down to Medium. 
My only criticism is the sleeves seem a bit on the large side, as I have quite big arms (I do weights) and it''s baggy on me. Maybe that''s just because I''m used to the sleeves of t-shirts being quite tight though due to my build/their design. Don''t get me wrong, the sleeves don''t look out of proportion or anything, they look smart still, but it just took me a little by surprise. Very comfortable again, but if you have thin arms then it might be worth checking it out before buying.
So overall I would say that the shirt seems to be about right in terms of advertised sizes. I think that they may be slightly on the large side of sizes if anything, but only marginally. I''m in the process of losing weight atm, and by the time I''ve lost a bit more, a Medium would probably have been a better fit for me, but then again I am pretty short at only 5''8.
So that''s as much info as I can think of to throw down about the shirt sizing. If there are any questions then I''ll be happy to try and answer them in here. Hope some of this helps someone out.

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]

[quote user="kick it off"]I have quite big arms (I do weights) [/quote]

Sorry but I lol''d at this.

[/quote]
I know, sounds like a line from Ron Burgundy (Anchorman character) - I deliberated for a while over the phrasing of this but couldn''t find a way that didnt make me sound like a t**t so just went with it cuz I thought it needed to be pointed out that when I say the sleeves seem big, it''s a legit point not just because I have skinny arms or something.

I got a small and posted elsewhere that the body was a perfect fit. Sleeves are just daft though, could easily be from a large. Quite like the quality of it too.

Agree that the quality seems to be pretty good, that''s a good point and something I should have put in the opening post.