Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Can we (fans) keep our heads? Very clearly not!

I''m almost speechless reading this board after yesterday, although i don''t know why i should be. I''m fool to think we''re any different to any other fans.

It reads like QPR''s boards (before they won yesterday) as the club that has been bottom of the league for several weeks.

I read that players don''t like the coaching, that we will be playing in the Championship next year, that Kamara is no use, the manager must go, the now obligatory weekly "what has become of our hero?" post, and best of all, that we are "sleep walking into disaster."

Interestingly, the one topic that''s missing is the formation debate and the wailing over our "negative" 4-5-1 tactics. So we go with two up top as everyone wanted and wouldn''t you know another 0-0! As some of us realise, it''s much more about personnel and confidence than formations and if we we''re playing with the confidence of our unbeaten run we''d have smashed that lot. But we''re not, and now, just when everyone needs to keep their heads and support the team, everyone''s losing their heads and squealing about going back to the championship, the new signings, the coaching, our players, the manager.

Back at the start of the season, i asked in a post what would constitute success this season. Almost every reply said survival this season would be fine, or that anything close to what we did last season would be even better. This time last year, we lost to Stoke and our points tally was 35. Had we scored that penalty we would be on the exact same points tally. As it is we are just two behind with a more favourable run in and some new strikers still finding their feet and with a lot to prove. This time last year we had only Ryan Bennett to boost our fortunes for the latter part of the season.

Some of you need to get real about and remember what it is we should be expecting from this season. Looking at MotD going over the comical defending of the teams below us, one ought to realise what Hughton has achieved with our team defensively. We just don''t make the sort of errors that Reading and Villa do on an almost weekly basis.

Why do we ignore our defensive strengths and achievements whenever we don'' fire up front? Sure, we lack the strength in depth if we have key players out but this is what Hughton has to work with and he has made a good fist of it. Attacking wise our team still has a lot to do, but last year defensively we had even more to do.

Just support the team, stop talking it and the management down, and leave all this sniping for May.

I agree A1!

It may not be pretty, but this year is all about survival for me. I understand why some people have lost patience, because at times it is dour stuff, but I realise the best thing for the club is to stay up, so we don''t miss out on the HUGE new TV deal coming in.

Next season I think we will see a marked improvement up front. Hughton has sorted out the defence, with good solid signings. I am sure he will be able to do the same with the midfield and attack in the summer!

This season hasn''t been a vintage one, but hopefully it''ll be the one that our club can build off for many seasons to come!

So many fans don''t see the bigger picture!

This seasons all about survival and in our current position we can almost limp over the line and be safe although I think we could have at least a couple of wins left in us plus 2-3 draws which will see us probably 4-5 points over the line!

Last seasons style would have been sussed out this season and our squad is still very light in terms of real Premiership quality!

Look where Villa are cause thats likely where we''d of been!