Sign in to follow this  
Stig

And now...

you maybe right Stig, but I would say when I look round the league, we have one of the better ones for sure.

You also have to remember some of the questions you ask, he probably can''t answer. Most companies won''t release any information into the public domain, without it being concrete. But I am guessing to the content of your questions.

Also looking back, most of his tweets he responds to have been a few days ago, so at a guess I would imagine he''s been on it for 3 or 4 days.

Maybe try again in a few days, when you might catch him at a better time and his inbox is less full.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Stig"][quote user="dpit"]So let''s look at the alternative courses of action re Hooper

a) tried to keep our interest quiet, in which case we stll wouldnt have landed him and you would still be pissed off

Or

b) refused to take no for an answer and offer a ridiculous price for him which Celtic couldn''t say no to

Which would you prefer Stig or is there sonething elsecwe could have done?[/quote]
Celtic said no, and I find it hard to believe there wasn''t a valuation mentioned that Norwich could have met/walked away from early in the negotiations. With that, we could have identified more targets or tried harder for a rvw swoop. I mentioned trying to sign the likes of Kevin Doyle back in December. I don''t know all the players, but I know there are thousands to choose from, but apparently we were infatuated with Hooper and so we made no real attempts for anyone else. Not even a sniff at rvw today, I would love to know what happened with that. As someone on twitter put it, we were like an awkward guy at a nightclub keep pestering a girl for her number, despite being rejected a whole bunch of times.
[/quote]

Stig, you are actually full of it. What do you know about any offers we may/may not have made? Come to think of it, what do you know about running a top-flight football club (and no, Football Manager isn''t valid experience)?

You''re running on ignorant speculation and using that as a stick to beat the club with. We''re all disappointed we couldn''t strengthen the squad further, bit please leave out the arrogant posts that pretend you know what you''re talking about.[/quote]
Again with the football manager arguement, why does everyone resort to that? You''re damn right I don''t know how to run a top flight club. I''ve never claimed I do and I doubt I ever will. Very astute of you. In fact, reading back my post I can highlight all the bits where I say I don''t know. Not only that, the bit in blue shows that I''m using the speculation as a basis for the arguement and shouldn''t be seen as fact. So therefor I feel I have freed myself from looking arrogant and pretending like I know what I''m talking about. Now, if you''ve nothing to add to my topic would you kindly f*ck off? Thank you. [:)]