Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon in the next round of the FA Cup..

Listening to Football Weekly last week they seemed to think that a large proportion of AFC Wimbledon fans wouldn''t go because they refuse to even acknowledge the existence of MK Dons.

The whole football world should hope that AFC Wimbledon win this one.   The way the  supporters of the original Wimbledon were treated was - actually, words fail me -  it was just soulless.    I went to Wimbledon FC a couple of times in the seventies when I lived in London - they were the epitomy of a community run club.    A football club should be for the fans  and the original club was taken away from the fans.   I can''t imagine what those fans must have gone through so it''s a bit like a pheonix from the flames moment. 

Come on AFC Wimbledon - let justice be done!

[quote user="lake district canary"]The whole football world should hope that AFC Wimbledon win this one.   The way the  supporters of the original Wimbledon were treated was - actually, words fail me -  it was just soulless.    I went to Wimbledon FC a couple of times in the seventies when I lived in London - they were the epitomy of a community run club.    A football club should be for the fans  and the original club was taken away from the fans.   I can''t imagine what those fans must have gone through so it''s a bit like a pheonix from the flames moment. 

Come on AFC Wimbledon - let justice be done!

[/quote]

I watched the AFC match last night and was willing for this to happen  the fans were singing are you watching MK, a lot of thier fans said they would Byecott  the match, but personally think this is not the right thing to do, the team will need a big show of support and help them to shove the Dons out of the cup.   

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Listening to Football Weekly last week they seemed to think that a large proportion of AFC Wimbledon fans wouldn''t go because they refuse to even acknowledge the existence of MK Dons.
[/quote]

Yes, you are quite right - from discussions with AFC fans I know that the one tie they actually dread would be this one as they want as little as possible to do with the MK lot.  And isn''t it about time that MK dropped the ''Dons'' element of their name as they do not and never have had any connection with Wimbledon???