Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

How much do you think players in our squad are worth?

I have been having a think that many of our players must now be worth quite a bit, as we have a young and talented squad.  This is how much I think a variety of players are worth in today''s market...I am missing out some.Ruddy - £7 million.  England''s 2nd choice keeper.  If De Gea was bought for £18 million, he is probably as good as him but no-one spends that on a Norwich player.  Absolutely improved beyond recognition.Bassong - £5 million.  Not sure how much we bought him for, but he has to be worth about this amount.Tettey - £5 million - a genuine powerhouse.  Committed and quality in every way.  Think we only paid £1.5m for him tooJohnson - £4million - if he had a better range of passing, he would be the complete defensive midfielder - has improved beyond recognition.Pilks - £10 million. Genuinely...if Matt Jarvis is worth £9 million to a team who got relegated.Snods - £5 million E Bennett - £3 millionHoolahan - £3 million - would be worth 5x that if he was 25 and not 30Howson - £ 5 million - I know he is out of favour, but I still think he has a huge part to play.Isn''t it great to have such a young, hungry squad?

Well 6 mil wasn''t enough to get Holt 5 months ago.

I guess, based on recent performances and currect form, OP''s estimates aren''t far off.  If we were to finish bottom 3, then they''d probably change.  Didn''t we pay around 5mil or so for Bassong? 

Whittake on a feee was a bargain, if he keeps up this form, he''s gotta be a £3mil + player.

It depends whether you are talking about -

the actual transfer fee the club receives

the fee the buying club pays

the fee the buying club pays, plus the possible add ons

a figure the media/fans have made up

I''m probably not analysing it in that detail.  Just how much I think a club would pay for them, in total.

it''s not that much detail

and we have no real idea as most clubs don''t release transfer figures, the figure bandied about a just numbers made up by the media

I have been told by a very reliable City source that the figures quoted in the press relating to recent fees are not anywhere near accurate at all, club accounts from a couple of seasons blew them out of the water

speculate by all means