Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

The truth about our defence...

... is that it''s not good enough to survive in the Prem.

That''s pretty much the enitre reason we''re going down. For those who ridicule those who suggest selling Malkay was a mistake; we''ve gone from the best defence outside of the Premiership to one of the worst defences in the country. Sure it''s not his ability we miss, but his leadership, organisation and control.

[quote]... is that it''s not good enough to survive in the Prem. That''s pretty much the enitre reason we''re going down. For those who ridicule those who suggest selling Malkay was a mistake; we''ve gone from ...[/quote]

I think if you check recent posts of mine ("Defending the indfencable" posted today and "Malky, where are you" posted several weeks ago), then you''ll see that it''s all been said before.

This post hit the nail on the head.

We have not really been undone by speed as much as oganisation, especially at set plays and crosses.

Saying Malky was not fast enough hardly comes into it, experience is often worth a yard of speed.

I think The bottom line is we can learn a lot from this year and come back stronger regardless of relegation or not.

Personally from all the games I have seen I would keep the following nucleus of players to build around for the future

Green

Shackell

Francis

Safri

Hucks

Ashton

Leon.

And to be honest hucks is marginal, great for getting us back in the prem if relegated but I would use sparingly after that.

On the bright side if we could build a good defence I think we could actually compete in the prem as I think Ashton and Leon can cause any defence trouble.

I just hope Ashton doesn`t have a "sell if relegated" clause in his contract.