Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Why do YOU hate Wolves?

Wolf in Peace if you are still around - does The Gifford PH still exist in the centre of Wolverhampton.  I remember it from the mid 70s when it was the haunt of Big Frank and the local Hells Angels chapter!!!

[quote user="Wolf-In-Peace"]I can''t speak for the Carrow Road leg as I was playing in a cup final at the same time(with one eye on my Dad in the crowd listening to the radio!), but as for the trouble ''100 times worse'' after the Molineux leg...I honestly didn''t see one ounce of trouble nor did I hear of any, most Wolves fans dispersed relatively quickly at the whistle, (not wanting to see the large travelling crowd celebrate obviously!) but I went for a few drinks in the centre afterwards drowning my sorrows, there was no trouble whatsoever after that game where I was.[/quote]Well you would say that..........you''re a Wolves fan.It''s been well documented on here and elsewhere that Norwich fans have been attacked and abused on most visits to Molyneaux, particularly after that Play-Off Semi Final 2nd Leg. You may have a lovely ground...........it''s a shame the same can''t be said for some of the knuckle-draggers who turn up there every week.If that 2nd Leg had been at Carrow Rd and you had gone through I''ll bet there''d have been plenty of you lot swaggering around Norwich giving it plenty. Shame we couldn''t enjoy our night at your place.Wolverhampton is a grubby town with grubby supporters. If we never play Wolves again you won''t find many Norwich supporters shedding a tear, that''s for sure.

Obviously the animosity all started with that Muscat incident. Bellamy has had a fine career but I wonder just how good he could have been without those injuries. That wasn''t a challenge it was plain GBH. It was so far removed from anything you expect to see on football pitch that it was quite frankly criminal.

As for the off field stuff I can only really echoe the negative experiences others have had visiting Molineux. In this instance Wolves fans throwing coins at us. Given that I was a young kid at the time going with my Dad it was all a bit scary. But I guess its unfair to tar all supporters with the same brush. There are a lot of good natured Wolves fans who get behind their team.