Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Ashley Ward

A mate of mine with damn good connections, has told me today that we''ll be resigning Ashley Ward on Monday, Has any one else have any further information on this?.

I obviously don''t know how reliable your source is 1st WIz, but I''d be very VERY suprised if we did sign Ward back. Why would we need him? We''ve already got two quality strikers on the bench. Also he''s hardly set the world alight at Sheff Utd. What do you think as to resigning Wardy?

hes hardly done amazingly at sheff utd, they''d be unlikely to let him go to a rival promtion chasing club, and we signed three new strikers only 2 months ago
need i say more??

I must admit I was a bit suprised myself over this, however I don''t think I would object too much, he does have premiership experience, and pace/ball control. The source, as I said has been reliable in the past, and although I don''t normaly go in for rumour, I do find this one interesting.

As I recall with Huckerby the rumour mill went mental, I suppose we must wait and see.

"Damn good connections" - what theatrical connections?, cos your mate sounds a right comedian to me - ''Ashley Ward'' - he must have thought that one up between throwing custard pies!!

No seriously, I saw him in Safeways in Cromer - pushing the trolleys...or was it on the Norwich bound platform at North Walsham....

This would be signing of Bryan Hamilton proportions if this was true!

Don''t listen to JB 1st Wiz. We''ve seen in the past couple of days what stupid ideas he can come up with. Sounds a little sad but Ashley Ward to come back. He was my first proper City hero. He was the first player I had on the back of my shirt. I''ll never forget his debut at home to Chelsea when he scored two, and Cureton got the third within seconds of coming on! Magic!

Ah, happy days DD, thanks for your support, as I said its only a rumor and though I was sceptical at the time, stranger things have happened. I would''nt be gutted if it turns out to be false though, as we seem to have cover in that position don''t you think?.

If we did sign him it would be nice but if we didn''t I don''t think it would be a disaster. After all we''ve got two strikers on the bench at the moment. Also i think McKenzie would have a fit. He already seems a bit p****ed off that he''s on the bench and I think if we signed another striker it wouldn''t boost his confidence at all.

Yep, you''re dead right DumbleDelia, he did have one good game on his debut and seeing as you had his name on the back of your shirt over a decade ago, that''s good enough for me - let''s get him back straight away!

This is a discussion board - different opinions, different views, a way of knocking a few ideas around, a bit of banter, the odd wind up etc etc

If we all agreed with each other we would all be wearing retro shirts with Ashley Wards name on the back and trying to drag Norwich back to the mid - late 90s !!