Sign in to follow this  
city girl

Glenn Hoddle

[quote user="lake district canary"]

"The Pink''un Role Model" wrote:    "It was more than just falling into a trap though wasn''t it.  The FA let him bring a faith healer into the England set-up. At that point, somebody should''ve realised he was suffering from woolly thinking.  Imagine the disabled comments never happen.  Would we all be happy if Hoddle said to McNally I want X,Y and Z persons for my coaching team. Oh and I want Ms W as a faith healer to assist the club doctor. "

Faith healers is something different.   There is anecdotal evidence and a strong body of opinion  that faith healers can have a positive effect.  Its just that the world of football is maybe not ready for this kind of thing.    It seems odd to most of us.  But if you believe in it - its not odd - I''ve seen some strange things happen with this kind of stuff that''s not easily explainable - so who knows?   Maybe not in a football dressing room though.  Mind you, a litlle lady casting positive vibes around the dressing room would be better than having  some of our past managers in there..................... 

[/quote]

Did you know practitioners have things known as ''psychological pills''? They''re made up of stuff one would find in a vitamin pill and they''re usually prescribed to chronic hypochondriacs because there''s nothing wrong with them - all in the mind as such.That''s what faith healing is.

Can''t you just see what a field day the press would have if Hoddle came to City?Magic crystals, scented candles round the bath  a loony faith healer let loose on our injury list?Unbelievable.........

We could have ''Diamond Lights'' belting out over the stadium PA system as the team come out of the tunnel before kick-off....

[8]"Darling I Love You!"[8]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d have Hoddle, with David Icke as his #2.

[/quote]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Hilarious if he''s even being considered....

A nutter of the first order.
[/quote]

Comments like this just show ignorance, I''m afraid.   Its the kind of stuff people resort to when something they don''t understand comes along.   How about looking at his footballing record and try to understand his philosophy?   If you''ve learnt anything from the last three years under PL you will have seen how philosophy is one of the most important factors in being successful.     Or perhaps you would prefer a manager who just lays into his players at half time effing and blinding.   "Get out there and get into them you effing useless cnuts"  Yeah, that really works, doesn''t it.

[/quote]

Are you really comparing Lambert''s philosophy of "change the team and system, surprise the opposition" to Hoddle''s philosophy of "faith healers, magic stones and pixies sprinking goal dust on the front two"?  Seriously?  I worry about you, LDC.  You seem to be able to post long paragraphs on pretty much any subject without apparently having done any thinking during the typing process.

I particularly dislike your "if you don''t like Lambert then you must like "a manager who just lays into his players at half time effing and blinding.   "Get out there and get into them you effing useless cnuts"".  Talk about a straw man argument.  Why not go for a nice long walk around the beautiful countryside in your area, and think about what you''re saying before you say it.

[/quote]

I do think Mr Chops. 

I was simply saying that the common philosophy between a Hoddle  and Lambert type manager is that they both infuse positive energy into their teams. Would you deny that we have been positive in our approach the last three seasons?   My comments about effing and blinding were  just to compare a more cultured  style of management (Lambert, Hoddle, ONeill etc)  with an up and at ''em approach.    

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d have Hoddle, with David Icke as his #2.[/quote]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Hilarious if he''s even being considered....A nutter of the first order.[/quote]

Comments like this just show ignorance, I''m afraid.   Its the kind of stuff people resort to when something they don''t understand comes along.   How about looking at his footballing record and try to understand his philosophy?   If you''ve learnt anything from the last three years under PL you will have seen how philosophy is one of the most important factors in being successful.     Or perhaps you would prefer a manager who just lays into his players at half time effing and blinding.   "Get out there and get into them you effing useless cnuts"  Yeah, that really works, doesn''t it.

[/quote]Are you really comparing Lambert''s philosophy of "change the team and system, surprise the opposition" to Hoddle''s philosophy of "faith healers, magic stones and pixies sprinking goal dust on the front two"?  Seriously?  I worry about you, LDC.  You seem to be able to post long paragraphs on pretty much any subject without apparently having done any thinking during the typing process.I particularly dislike your "if you don''t like Lambert then you must like "a manager who just lays into his players at half time effing and blinding.   "Get out there and get into them you effing useless cnuts"".  Talk about a straw man argument.  Why not go for a nice long walk around the beautiful countryside in your area, and think about what you''re saying before you say it.[/quote]

I do think Mr Chops. 

I was simply saying that the common philosophy between a Hoddle  and Lambert type manager is that they both infuse positive energy into their teams. Would you deny that we have been positive in our approach the last three seasons?   My comments about effing and blinding were  just to compare a more cultured  style of management (Lambert, Hoddle, ONeill etc)  with an up and at ''em approach.    

[/quote]So it comes in tea-bag form?

So it comes in tea-bag form?

He he he he......[:)]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]

So it comes in tea-bag form?

He he he he......[:)]
[/quote]

Got to be pyramid shaped t-bags though......a supernatural source of power and energy....

I don''t want Hoddle anywhere near the club because of his awful views on the disabled. He has also been out of the game for too long and the only reason why he might be interested is because his Spanish holiday football scheme in the sun isn''t working out.