Sign in to follow this  
AJ

On the famous words of Glenn Roeder

"New Heroes Will Emerge"

Let Holt (if he wants to) and Lambert go, they got us where we are, but now with a new manager and new signings, our own new heroes will emerge once again to take us up higher and higher.

McNally''s latest article about the managerial search fills me with huge confidence they will take the time to employ exactly the right manager to take us to the next step and concrete us as a Premiership team.

Keep the faith.

Chaos? What chaos?!

Grant Holt, as fantastic as he is, as much as he still would have been quality for us this year, would soon be a player in decline anyway.

We have many players on the up. Elliott Bennett, Anthony Pilkington, Johnny Howson, they are players who will get better and better.

Daniel Ayala or Ryan Bennett could end up being the next Gary Cahill''s.

Wes Hoolahan is already a living legend in my eyes, and another season like the last and John Ruddy will become one too.

A few players with points to prove, Surman was late into the season, Simeon Jackson is still waiting for that goalscoring run which we know he is capable of, and Steve Morison in my opinion could score as many as Holt did this year if he keeps fit and confident and can nail down his starting place.

There is no lack of talent in our team, and if the new manager knows what he is doing and is backed like Lambert was (with £15m!!!) then we could end up better than last year.

A manager who "knows what they are doing" is the big sticking point though, my optimism hinges completely on who it is that we appoint.

If McNally gets this appointment right, then it is time to petition Alan Bowkett demanding McNally enters the hall of fame.

Half of me thinks that McNally is going to pull another masterstroke like Lambert, half of me worries that he is going to bring in a Lawrie Sanchez.

It''s like flipping a coin to decide whether we get relegated this year..... I wouldn''t like to be the man having to take the gamble (and every manager is a gamble).

[quote user="AJ"]"New Heroes Will Emerge" Let Holt (if he wants to) and Lambert go, they got us where we are, but now with a new manager and new signings, our own new heroes will emerge once again to take us up higher and higher. McNally''s latest article about the managerial search fills me with huge confidence they will take the time to employ exactly the right manager to take us to the next step and concrete us as a Premiership team. Keep the faith. Chaos? What chaos?![/quote]

Ah yes i remember those words well and of course shortly after along came.................Anton Sibieski !!!! [:''(]

[quote user="Shankslad"]Glen Roeder?   Does he not work for Aston Villa these days?   Youth Scout or something.[/quote]

Apparently that is the issue over compensation,they wanted us to have him back as part of the package. [:''(]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]half of me worries that he is going to bring in a Lawrie Sanchez.[/quote]

Hmm, weird, a mate of mine (a postman) reckons he saw him at Norwich Station the other morning!

He had a weird season at Barnet, some good patches and some terrible runs of form. You''d be better off with Mad Dog Allen.

Words one can''t say on this message board: fu*k, c*nt, ar*ehole, tw@t, sh*t etc.Yet we can still say Roeder.